S650 7th Gen Mustang debuts 14/09

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Must just be the angle then from looking at those pics. Be interesting to see one in flesh

Probably the angle, front lip and huge arch gap! Mine was very tall looking at the nose originally, lowered transformed it imo

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Not sure about that - not saying I don't like it, just looks a bit less classic Mustang, lots of Camaro, Corvette, etc. Roughly around 2016 seems to be the highlight for me.

Fair play to them for keeping it manual, RWD, NA V8 👍 Anyone else think a manual handbrake now looks weird? 🤷‍♂️

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Not sure about that - not saying I don't like it, just looks a bit less classic Mustang, lots of Camaro, Corvette, etc. Roughly around 2016 seems to be the highlight for me.

Fair play to them for keeping it manual, RWD, NA V8 👍 Anyone else think a manual handbrake now looks weird? 🤷‍♂️

I see a bit of Camaro too, probably not an accident as Camaro is coming to an end :worried:

The handbrake is actually just an on off switch, for drifting lololol no modulation at all. I like that they kept the lever but with manual V8 they should have just kept the cables imo I absolutely despise the electronic handbrake in the Q5

Last edited:

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Following on from @soupz comment, here’s an interesting pic, 15-18 S550 Mustang top, Camaro middle and S650 Mustang bottom

68CFC60F-669D-4A12-8AD3-2B7A279740AF.jpeg

MustangAlly

RMS Regular
Drives
Corvette
I’ve corrected that lol

I’ll take a stab at GTs being £58k and the dark horse S being close to £80k, I’m not convinced we’ll get those though

I really hope I’m wrong!
It just seems mental to me that in 2015 the GT with full options was about £36k. I think you are right though. My gut tells me that £58k seems where the market is going. Probably near £65k with full options on a base GT.

ahannigan

RMS Regular
Drives
Bullitt
I’ve corrected that lol

I’ll take a stab at GTs being £58k and the dark horse S being close to £80k, I’m not convinced we’ll get those though

I really hope I’m wrong!

It just seems mental to me that in 2015 the GT with full options was about £36k. I think you are right though. My gut tells me that £58k seems where the market is going. Probably near £65k with full options on a base GT.

Got a call about the Dark Horse being available to order. Was coming in at £68934 with the Ember Blue colour (which requires specing the Dark Horse appearance package).

Interest rates at the minute (and the recent Cobra purchase) put it too far out for me unfortunately.
I struck very lucky with the Bullitt, it was 0% finance and retained such good equity that it actually cost me less than the average lease to drive over 3 years.

MustangAlly

RMS Regular
Drives
Corvette
Got a call about the Dark Horse being available to order. Was coming in at £68934 with the Ember Blue colour (which requires specing the Dark Horse appearance package).

Interest rates at the minute (and the recent Cobra purchase) put it too far out for me unfortunately.
I struck very lucky with the Bullitt, it was 0% finance and retained such good equity that it actually cost me less than the average lease to drive over 3 years.
I did very well out of my GT Shadow Edition too. Over 2 years and 18k miles it dropped £3k in value. I bought it new too! Try doing that in an M4 or a C63. The new Mustang seems a good car. The Dark horse doesnt really seem worth it though as its very minimal gain. Would be more fun to buy the base GT then do your own mods to it. The deal breaker for me is the interior. It looks awful and thats coming from someone who sits in a 14 year old GM interior lol