Seat Ibiza Bocanegra

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
Bout ye! New to the forum..don't know why it's taking me so long to sign up!

Anyways, thought I'd start a project thread with my daily driver. 2011 Seat Ibiza Bocanegra.

Completely stock at the moment apart from the wheels being sprayed black. Plans are as follows:

- Custom Turbo-Back Exhaust
- Forge FMIC
- ITG Maxogen Intake
- APR/Revo/Custom Remap...haven't decided yet.

Aesthetically the car doesn't need much doing to it, might add the Seat spoiler and lower it a bit plus add an anti-rol bar.

Here's some pics...car is a bit dirty (always dirty)

IMG_0620_zps38335254.jpg
IMG_1208_zpsac9fe237.jpg
IMG_1207_zps255619b1.jpg
IMG_1209_zps0c35576b.jpg

Last edited:

acsmyth

RMS Regular
OP
acsmyth
Drives
Supra
Yeah it's the 7 speed DSG..also needs a remap but that will be further done the line.

It's a nice gearbox, changes are quick and the auto-blip on downshifts is a nice touch. Remap will give it launch control, faster shifts and make the paddles completely manual

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
@Mark315 ... cheers Mark, indeed I have and still got it. @acsmyth nice to see another Boc on here. Sounds like you have a few plans. The main piece of advice I would give is keep an eye on your oil levels...like check it weekly. 1.4tsi have been known to use oil badly. That said, from 2011 onward, engine internals were changed to address this issue, so it shouldnt be a problem. I havent had any issues with mine at all in that department.

Also, if you are going to go through with any of the work you are thinking about, speak to @Harry and @BBSBOY Performance 360...they really are very good and knowledgeable on VAG range.

Other than that, enjoy.

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Yip...just shy of 180. Will map to about 210 without spending massive amount of money to get more. I wouldnt want to push these engines much more than that anyway.

acsmyth

RMS Regular
OP
acsmyth
Drives
Supra
180 standard yeah, 0-60 is about 6.5 or so (on GPS).

Realistically hoping for about 220 with the intercooler, remap, exhaust and intake and then we'll see what she can do.

Planning on stripping the back seats out etc.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Nice car, tried egging you on a while ago but you pussied out ;) an intercooler will only increase turbo lag since the standard one can handle a fair bit of power and if it's just noise you're after get the centre box cut out and lift the parcel shelf out, best thing I've done to mine :laughing:

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Did you cut centre section out Marc? Funny enough, my parcel shelf has been out of the car now for months...Miltek sounds so much better now lol.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Yup @BBSBOY sorted that out for me as well as getting it lowered, just haven't bothered updating my thread yet :p

acsmyth

RMS Regular
OP
acsmyth
Drives
Supra
Nice car, tried egging you on a while ago but you pussied out ;) an intercooler will only increase turbo lag since the standard one can handle a fair bit of power and if it's just noise you're after get the centre box cut out and lift the parcel shelf out, best thing I've done to mine :laughing:

Haha when and where was this? I don't normally turn down an opportunity...

Only had the car for 2 months so could have been the previous owner!

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Ah, good job. Did you just fit springs or coilovers? Should update your thread...red cupra looks great and wouldnt mind seeing what it is like lowered.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Remap will give it launch control, faster shifts and make the paddles completely manual

Just to touch on this too because I don't believe this is true, the GBox in the 1.4tsi is a dry clutch system as apposed to the wet clutch systems in the rest of the VAG DSG boxes, which is the main reason it doesn't have launch control, it would chew the clutches to pieces, I haven't heard of a remap adding launch control, though it will override the kick down and stop the GBox changing gears on you in manual mode :grinning:

Haha when and where was this? I don't normally turn down an opportunity...

Only had the car for 2 months so could have been the previous owner!

No it was you, I work for where you bought the car from :p You came out of prince regent road onto the carriageway

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Yip. I havent heard of any 1.4tsi having launch control. Dont believe it is possible.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Ah, good job. Did you just fit springs or coilovers? Should update your thread...red cupra looks great and wouldnt mind seeing what it is like lowered.

I went for the H&R springs! crazy not too for the price of them! Spacers are on the way so will get some snaps up after I get those on :grinning:

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Good choice. Makes the car a bit 'crashy' @ the rear, but sits at a perfect height. Went for the same myself after seeing a few different snaps of different springs fitted.

acsmyth

RMS Regular
OP
acsmyth
Drives
Supra
Just to touch on this too because I don't believe this is true, the GBox in the 1.4tsi is a dry clutch system as apposed to the wet clutch systems in the rest of the VAG DSG boxes, which is the main reason it doesn't have launch control, it would chew the clutches to pieces, I haven't heard of a remap adding launch control, though it will override the kick down and stop the GBox changing gears on you in manual mode :grinning:

No it was you, I work for where you bought the car from :p You came out of prince regent road onto the carriageway

You work for SERE? Next time then haha! :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.