seat leon leak

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

c11ris

RMS Regular
Drives
MK5GTI/MK2GTI
Right my mates mk1 seat leon is leaking water in the passenger footwell anyone had this with theirs or have any solutions?

Cheers
Chris

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
Is it coming up through the footwell?

I know door seals are a common problem on these. Could be that?

Connor

c11ris

RMS Regular
OP
c11ris
Drives
MK5GTI/MK2GTI
Appears to be the sides of the carpet and the bottom of the dash etc is dry so must be coming up from somewhere.

Jamsey

Drives
Ford
My experience with fiestas is the seal around the pollen filter gets damaged and allows condenstation to leak into the foot well causing a similar problem... though i don't know where the pollen filter is located in the leon

AndyG

RMS Regular
AFAIK its a common problem in these. I know someone who had the same problem with theres.. Tell him to try parking on a hill facing upwards see if it drys out.. Apparently it stops the water getting in

egvti

RMS Regular
Drives
eg vti civic
remove the door card its the seal on the window regulator thats shot a quick fix is to dry it off well with a heat gun and run silicon around the aluminum frame, i work for seat in letterkenny what we do is strip the door, remove tha old seal from reg, then clean the door, and replace the seal only way to ensure it wont happen again

Razor.

RMS Regular
Drives
yes
There was a big thread on this on SCN a while ago.
AFAIR it was door seals, pollen filter or the window washer fluid (somehow)

Check it out - You dont need to register

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
remove the door card its the seal on the window regulator thats shot a quick fix is to dry it off well with a heat gun and run silicon around the aluminum frame, i work for seat in letterkenny what we do is strip the door, remove tha old seal from reg, then clean the door, and replace the seal only way to ensure it wont happen again

had this problem on my fabia and did exactly what he said and it fixed the problem. also do what andyg said as it was when the water was unable to run straight to the drainage holes that it leaked through otherwise it was fine.
hope this helps

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
Yeah big problem with these, reseal both the pollen filter housing and the doors - should cure the current leak and stop any future ones appearing!!

tommytoledo

RMS Regular
Drives
seat toledo
not to put a downer on this thread i do hope its the door thingy common fault with the toledo is with the plastic cover just below the wiper scuttle always leaks ,, oh fingers xed its not the heater matrix here they can be trouible too

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
had this problem in my toledo.through the d/s rear door.i put it down to the sideskirts.i pulled the rubber strip off the bottom of the door to let the wter away a bit quicker and checked the seals insdie and around the door.just generally tightened and made sure all the seals were secured.stoped it a bit but in heavy or persistant rain it would still let water in.on seatcupra.net(think that was the site)they said somthing about something on the inside of the door that directed water in towards the inside of the car instead of towards the outside.seems to be a regular problem.1 of many i had with my seat

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.