Stamping a VIN plate

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Bryan

RMS Regular
I have bought a new VIN plate for one of my old cars as the original was damaged and scored and I don't want to put it on after restoring the car.

I have a set of stamps but I want the plate stamped from behind like the original but I can't do this obviously as I'd need reversed letter and number stamps which don't seem to be available.

And yes this is all legal - I have the tax book etc if anyone can do this for me.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
There are companies that actually make new VIN plates, for restoration jobs etc.

A search online is bound to bring them up. Or contact some of the guys here who restore old cars. You'll probably get a few contact details at the Ford thing at Portrush at the weekend if your near

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
I've contacted the two companies I could find on Google but neither have replied to my emails. Might give them a call tomorrow if I get a chance.

Was hoping someone locally could just stamp the blank one I've got for me.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
i think i have reverse stamps

will hunt them out tomorrow if i get 5 mins to do so

need them for the midget anyway

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Mate got a new vin plate for a Capri years ago from a main dealer

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.