sticky Honda callipers......Surprise

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
I had my ATR off the road for about 3 weeks. After a week I jacked it up and gave the wheels a spin to break the lock on the breaks. The back 2 spun by hand but the front had to be started and put in gear. Even then only the front driver side turned. I put it down to the diff. Now that I have it out of the shed I'm pretty sure the back 2 and the front passenger side are still sticky. Is there anyway I can tell or fix without stripping them down? Never had it this bad. Normally just have to break the lock after its sat a day or 2

hippyross

RMS Regular
Pump the piston out has far as you can a pull the rubber back and clean it up and grease it. That's the easiest way if there not too bad it should fix it.

BigJoe

RMS Regular
Drives
FR-V - Civic
Happen to my 2.0 Accord, thought **** it and went and got two rear callipers from the breakers (they were ATR callipers), same thing happened that they were seized too.

Ended up pumping the pistons out, light sand with wet and dry, good degreasing and then greased the life out of the pistons, sliders the heap.

Great job in the end, handbrake even worked better as a result.

Must be a common enough thing with Accords...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.