Strange Activity Around Trackskills June Date!

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Anyone got a link to what is needed on the car? I swore I read a document on the trackskills website but can’t find it now 🤷‍♂️

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Nothing other than a state of track worthiness and I think the decibel readings is the only restriction.

I called in at what must have been lunchtime whilst out a run, so just turned and headed on. Some day for it, a few burnt faces I am sure lol

Phil_ray

RMS Regular
Drives
Toyota Rav4
You say that now, then your inner dom toretto will come out.

Edit: Coog beat me to it :laughing:
i mind taking my old fiesta round the track in the mid/ early 2000's just had break pads on it and a bit of work done the week or so before, i had said im just going to have a bit of fun and see if the fiesta works as wel as it should, but when somethings infront of you or behind you, your inner Dom or Brian comes out and its all guns blazing.

i was right back at the mechanics on Monday for a few things, including breakpads

Last edited:

finn28

RMS Regular
Drives
350z
Unreal days craic. The Porsche absolutely surpassed all my expectations! Pleasure to meet you @G24NTR - and good to see you again @pizza85!

Loved both the M3 and the M4, was extremely jealous of your air con all day haha. I'm sifting through footage now but I've zero knowledge of what I'm doing so it might take me a while.

Have this pic on my phone. Also I'm completely and utterly roasted. I look like a nougat bar.

View attachment 400484

@pizza85 When did you get the M3? :eyes:

Anybody know what the story would be if a car was rejected due to noise? I'm looking to get down to the next track day but dubious that the 350z would meet decibel limits.

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
@pizza85 When did you get the M3? :eyes:

Anybody know what the story would be if a car was rejected due to noise? I'm looking to get down to the next track day but dubious that the 350z would meet decibel limits.
Last August! Give me a shout some day, would love a look around the 350z as well!

On Sunday there was no issue around exhaust noise, they were mostly concerned with tyre squeal, and there was a lot louder out there than the m3! I'd say you'd be grand.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
There was a kitcar of some kind running a rotary engine there on Sunday that would have wakened the dead, and he was able to drive the entire day. Unless your car is mega loud I'd say you'll be grand

finn28

RMS Regular
Drives
350z
Last August! Give me a shout some day, would love a look around the 350z as well!

On Sunday there was no issue around exhaust noise, they were mostly concerned with tyre squeal, and there was a lot louder out there than the m3! I'd say you'd be grand.

No way, looks unreal. I'm 100% going to take you up on that as soon as I sort out the alignment, it's a bit too sketchy at the moment.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
@V8 or anyone else… is there an option of dual drives on the day or is it one driver per car?

AC

RMS Regular
You can have multiple drivers @swansty. The price is per car. Additional drivers just need to sign up on the day.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Cheers @AC. I presume then the sessions are split between each driver with each getting 2 x 15min sessions then?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Always thought it was per driver. Must sign my Dad up for the next one.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
You can run all day, just alternating when each goes. That is what my brother and I did when we took the mk2 golf out. Took it a turn about. Sometimes we would then go out as a passenger when the other was driving or else just out alone. Helped keep the cost down a bit that way too.