strange petrol station procedure

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
The missus txted me earlier to say that she put £15 of diesel into her car (thats not the strange procedure) but didnt realise she had forgot her purse untill she got to the counter.

She told me to go up and pay for it and to get the sheet they kept her details on as they took her finger print, i couldnt believe her when she said it.

Never heard of places taking finger prints before
This place is very close to the motorway so its probably understandable with the amount of drive offs there probably getting.
The sheet had a psni emblem on it, so im thinkin theyve came up with this sort of plan with the police to prevent it

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
The missus txted me earlier to say that she put £15 of diesel into her car (thats not the strange procedure) but didnt realise she had forgot her purse untill she got to the counter.

She told me to go up and pay for it and to get the sheet they kept her details on as they took her finger print, i couldnt believe her when she said it.

Never heard of places taking finger prints before
This place is very close to the motorway so its probably understandable with the amount of drive offs there probably getting.
The sheet had a psni emblem on it, so theyve probably came up with some sort of plan with the police
Never heard of that! In my work if someone cant pay we have to take driving licence, tax disk and contact details.

OZ10

RMS Regular
I thought places weren't allowed to hold details like that. I sort of remember something about schools and fingerprints for like signing in but was dismissed cuz they weren't allowed to hold a database of them

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
I thought places weren't allowed to hold details like that. I sort of remember something about schools and fingerprints for like signing in but was dismissed cuz they weren't allowed to hold a database of them
For schools you are allowed them so long as the fingerprint only relates to the pupil number and name. Not allowed to access other info. Most likely the police logo is due to the amount of drive offs they are getting

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I doubt very much that there is anything they could do if you refused to let them have your finger print. All they need is your name and address and I suppose the reg of the car. There is no way I'd be letting anybody like a shop or petrol station take my finger print.

I could knock up a form with the police logo on it now if I wanted. Doesn't make it official.

Audi_TTS

RMS Regular
I worked in bracken vale as a kid. Lady had no means of payment so we took her spare tyre which cost considerably more. She never came back for it.

So agree if you mean to steal it you'll simply drive off and not be bothered. But if you ate genuine like she probably was you still might not bother your ass once you've gone home hence the taking of the print or property.

Fair play. Mind you I'd not have given a print to them.

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
Doubt its illegal if you willingly give your fingerprint. Im sure they couldnt make you though.
Would have thought proof of ID and car reg would have been enough.

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
Still dont know why they dont just do it here like they do in the states, pay before you put the petrol in and then the pump gets enabled.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Still dont know why they dont just do it here like they do in the states, pay before you put the petrol in and then the pump gets enabled.

bit poo if you just want to fill the car to the neck

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
bit poo if you just want to fill the car to the neck

Project how much it's going to cost you and go from there, or else hand over £100 and return for your change (if you don't use it all, that is...).

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Not even the police are allowed to take prints unless they arrest you first...

But they can always ask, whatever you voluntarily give up is up to you. Never been in this situation (knock on wood, etc.!), so no idea what would be "normal".

An ID should be more than enough. All number plates are photographed anyway as a matter of routine, so they only really need something to identify the driver.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.