subaru impreza rb5 brake problem

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

davegtcoupe

RMS Regular
Drives
twincam
Hi just wondering if anyone has ever had an issue with the brakes on a gen 1 imprezza? The brake are pretty crap for what it is with four pots up front and disks on the back. It seems like it's doing all its braking from the rear as it's gone through a set of rear pads in two months! Nothing is seized all pistons push back freely front and rear and the sliders are like new. All I can put it down to is the brake proportioning valve giving the rear full flow all the time. Anyone had any issues with these valves before? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Gambit

RMS Regular
there wont be a proportioning valve as it has abs, or do you mean the abs unit behind driver headlight? does the abs light go on with ignition on, then off with engine running?

davegtcoupe

RMS Regular
OP
davegtcoupe
Drives
twincam
It's the valve that's bolted to the top of the drivers strut and has the two brake pipes for the rear coming out of it as far as I know ther is no abs on it it's my brothers car so not 100% sure.

davegtcoupe

RMS Regular
OP
davegtcoupe
Drives
twincam
Same valve as this

Got the pic off Google thers two pipes removed from.it

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
on a classic they should be ample tho (with decent discs and pads),

lighter than your fat ass newage :p

davegtcoupe

RMS Regular
OP
davegtcoupe
Drives
twincam
The brakes really are bad my corolla stops better and that's saying something lol ill have to get a valve and try it unless it's the abs but thers no faults coming up with it

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.