Taxing a car question

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Mac1987

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
How much mot do you have to have left before you can tax a car ?. I rember once ages ago when I went to tax my car & I only had a few days left of mot & they wouldn't give me tax until I had a new mot on the car. The car I intend to tax tomorrow its mot runs out on the 6th of may (So not to long away) asking as the tax office im going to is a fair wee bit of a drive so I don't wanna be driving there for nothing lol. Cheers.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
How much mot do you have to have left before you can tax a car ?.

I wasn't aware of any restrictions like that but if it were me I'd just be ringing the Tax office and doing it over the phone and let them deliver the disc to your door :grinning:

At least if they did say no for whatever reason then you've not had to travel anywhere.

02870 341514 - open 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday as I just rang it to make sure the number still worked :p

Last edited:

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
There has to be mot on the car on the day the tax starts. Ie if your mot expires on the 30th and you want to tax the car from the 1st of the following month then no. If your mot expires on the 6th then there shouldnt be any issue

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.