The Cannonball Run Countach

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Like many, this was THE car which got me in to cars, especially Lamborghini. I was obsessed with the Countach as a kid. Still have posters and models from the 80s up in my parent's attic.

A good bit of this is more about the original Cannonballs of the 1970s with interviews from Brock Yate's wife and some of the original Cannonballers, but most interesting was that it was the Countach that supposedly ended the original races in the late 1970s.

I also thought this one was pretty interesting too by the same documentary makers.

The 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T SE ordered new by Godfrey Qualls was a piece of legend on the streets of Detroit. Optioned in triple black with a 426 Hemi, it dominated street races throughout the 70s before disappearing for decades.

Last edited:

pablo

RMS Moderator
watched the Lambo one the other day it was brilliant. It resonated SO much as all I could think about as a kid was those opening scenes with the lambos.

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
watched the Lambo one the other day it was brilliant. It resonated SO much as all I could think about as a kid was those opening scenes with the lambos.
same here the lambo one was a slow starter but got better the more it went in

i actually have the brock yates book he wrote about the cannonball

pablo

RMS Moderator
I loved that the previous owner (the Tropic guy) got some VERY fun use out of it. chick magnet lol