The Land Rover/ Range Rover appreciation thread

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
My new to me TDV8 sport.
Sold the prefacelift I had for a few weeks, and picked this non runner up in England. Sold as a crank no start, I brought it home and put a battery in it, boom it started..

View attachment 432494

Turns out it had rotten ACE pipes. Shorter belt fitted the same day and that was that bypassed for now.
Put approx 100 miles on it and then the reason it was parked appeared- leaking diesel from drivers side of the engine.

Leak off pipes looked to be the culprit, so ordered x4 seals from LandRover at an eye watering £10.20, and fitted them. Now running and driving perfectly 👌

View attachment 432495

Fitted some new wheels too
View attachment 432496

Super happy with it so far. Have the cable coming so I can code out the ACE system, and then once that's done I'll get some standard ARB's in it. Incredible driving thing for the small investment it was, and a big step up from the pre facelift cars in my opinion

Some transformation there! Looks so much better!

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
The weight of a disco / rr is so underestimated, properly huge big things. Maintenance is always going to compare badly to cars carrying over a ton less (doesn't excuse the engine failures all the same haha).

Disco 3's are seriously cheap atm though with all the engine horror stories.
cheap D3 4.4V8 on gas on another forum i use. would be a class bus.

veron

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Quick question guys. My Defender is now coming up to 3 years old. Needless to say I want the car to continue to have a warranty just incase anything blows up. Anyone got recommendations?
Land Rover sent a letter for their Extended Warranty for £918. Their "Select Extended Warrenty" is £810. This looks like it covers less things.
Advice appreciated.
Thanks tempImagex5HHUv.png tempImageieu2CZ.png

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Quick question guys. My Defender is now coming up to 3 years old. Needless to say I want the car to continue to have a warranty just incase anything blows up. Anyone got recommendations?
Land Rover sent a letter for their Extended Warranty for £918. Their "Select Extended Warrenty" is £810. This looks like it covers less things.
Advice appreciated.
ThanksView attachment 432671View attachment 432676

For the sake of £110 go for the full coverage

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
IMG_7920.jpeg

Big old girl bossing it as always, new radiator, ac condensor and rear hub bushing recently and as good as she was when we got her 4 years and nearly 50k ago now.

Longest I’ve ever kept a car and they really are different gravy,