Turbo 2000 Classic Impreza - after a detail

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I bought this last December after searching around for a while for a low mile minter to use as a weekend/dry weather car (not easy with with scoobs these days)...Anyway after a few leads on scoobyireland the deal was done and its pretty much been parked up ever since as i didn't want to use it on salty roads. Its one of the last made in December 2000 with a genuine 47k miles and has been pampered by its previous owners.

So far i've had the following done.
Refurb'd brakes due to a seized piston
New Brake fluid
Fitted 17" Speedline ST2's
New rear Bilsteins
Tein springs
Oil change
Fully undersealed
Fitted turbo back prodrive exhaust
and cleaned it alot

Its going to A.I this week to have a few go faster bits fitted.
Bigger turbo
550 Injectors
Walbro 255
NGK PFR 7B's
Then JGM will be mapping it with Alcatec in a few weeks hoping for around 340-350bhp.

Then its for a full detail by Davey@Procar and then to get the roof painted to get rid of bird **** burns and just keep it mint from there on. Oh and a 555 number plate to be added:p

006.JPG

003.JPG

002.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

013.JPG

016.JPG

021.JPG

Last edited:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
thanks for all the comments lads, @Jas Lad i took it with the standard mirrors on it as i wanted to keep it totally OE bar the wheels and exhaust. i still have the standard exhaust though in case i ever wanted to sell it as standard

Jason

RMS Regular
thanks for all the comments lads, @Jas Lad i took it with the standard mirrors on it as i wanted to keep it totally OE bar the wheels and exhaust. i still have the standard exhaust though in case i ever wanted to sell it as standard

Good job, only thing put me off the car was it was a uk 2000, but if you carry out your mods it should be a right pocket rocket!

chrisQ

RMS Regular
That is a mint looking classic. Getting harder and harder to get a good genuine straight classic now. Most have been raped repeatedly. How much is the remap and what turbo are A.I. fitting if you dont mind me asking? Pm me if you wish. Cheers

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Lovely car, just the way I would want one. Would you not be better getting the roof painted before the detail though?

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Cheers fellas(y)

@chrisQ its getting a TD05 16g fitted as the small TD04 runs out of puff around the 270/280bhp mark. i bought the alcatec ecu 2nd hand for 450 and it will be around 350 to map.There are cheaper options but i wanted to get rid of the maf sensor and the alcatec has some good features with it, I wont be activating the launch control or anti lag though, cars to good for that. JGM will be mapping it he comes over from england ususally twice a year to do a group mapping session, there's details on the scooby ireland site

@mthompo yes man i think its the same, there's a dark mica blue and a deep mica blue, i think the 00 cars are deep mica blue, can look almost black at times but has a lovely pearlescent blue when the suns on it

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
I can only see something like this going up in value with those miles!
Class looking, weird seeing one that isnt basterdised!

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Lovely car, just the way I would want one. Would you not be better getting the roof painted before the detail though?

I would like to but funds prob wont allow just yet, at least its just the roof that needs sorted though so the rest of the car can be detailed and then the roof will be mint once painted:grinning:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I can only see something like this going up in value with those miles!
Class looking, weird seeing one that isnt basterdised!

Thanks Ben i bought it with the hope that it would at least hold its value, im putting a fair few quid into it in terms of parts but i think it will be worth it to have one as out of the box as it is and any mods i'm doing are reversible, i even have the standard backbox for it:cool:
Its nice to hear that petrol heads appreciate them, they are getting to that stage where they will start to become a bit retro and something with character when compared to modern cars these days

thewhitevan

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus Eco, nova
Did you buy this from mark ? Near donaghadee ? If its the one I'm thinking of then it's lovely. Good luck

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
BTW loving the Sc3n3d spaz bus in the background! (Lower than your grannies tits, the dogs danglies and all the other late nineties Fast Car ****z).

LOL coffee over the computer screen moment there

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.