Vauxhall Corsa SMD conversion

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
The Mrs wants the SMD conversion done to her corsa. I am okay with a soldering iron but wouldn't trust myself with it especially as its not my car.

Anybody on here do them and how much do they charge?

She likes the look of the blue SMD's but was also thinking Pink SMD's. Would it look dopey?

Cheers

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Thats what I was thinking but its a good job I have a dash for a corsa sitting in the garage so could do the conversion on the spare light boards just need to test them all first to ensure they work.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Pink looks terrible. The corsa with standard a/c is a pain in the balls to do as the three dials need doctored to refract the light eveningly .

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Is this a corsa d? Do you have the complete dash....radio , central column etc etc....or just the instrument binical

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Pink looks terrible. The corsa with standard a/c is a pain in the balls to do as the three dials need doctored to refract the light eveningly .

Actually?

Right she will be told its not getting done then lol.

Does anybody know if you can swap speedos out on the corsa? As I have a spare speedo cluster so may experiment with that but only if I know if swapping wont alter miles etc.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Is this a corsa d? Do you have the complete dash....radio , central column etc etc....or just the instrument binical

Corsa D

Well have everything bar the radio and the whole dash but have a speedo. Ac controls. Light switches and door lock and hazard switches.

Basically all the electrical elements of the dash.

The awl boy found one lying wrecked and bought it thinking it would come in handy as I mentioned the conversion

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Its coded to the car. Well it is in the astra.

Do mean that you want to test it to see how it looks or to see if it works?

You have to be very very careful when splitting the dials that you don't break the pins that the needles are attached to and most definitely do not break the ribbon connecting the board to the LCD display

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Its coded to the car. Well it is in the astra.

Do mean that you want to test it to see how it looks or to see if it works?

You have to be very very careful when splitting the dials that you don't break the pins that the needles are attached to and most definitely do not break the ribbon connecting the board to the LCD display

Well a bit of both as its a spare speedo cluster so may take it to pieces and see how its done but could try the pink SMD's on that board just to see what they are like and means I am not destroying the original set which came with the car so can be swapped at a later date.

Would Tech2 be able to code the clocks to the car?

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Well a bit of both as its a spare speedo cluster so may take it to pieces and see how its done but could try the pink SMD's on that board just to see what they are like and means I am not destroying the original set which came with the car so can be swapped at a later date.

Would Tech2 be able to code the clocks to the car?
Yeah but you'd need to know someone confident in using it to do so

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.