Vectra coilovers on a Saab?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Right guys, im lookin to drop the saab, seen saab specific coilovers on ebay but they are £650+ which is a lot of money to the ordinary person. I know that Vectra C coilovers also fit and are a third of the price, however the rear ones are slightly different.

There must be a couple of modified Saabs (or even members who have owned them previously) on here with these coilovers, if someone who has had experience of these on Saabs, please advise me on what to do with the rears, thanks

pablo

RMS Moderator
you need to get someone to chop the tops off the rear shocks as they mount from the side, not vertically like the saab ones. youll go from this:

gewindefahrwerk_opel_vectra_c_fk_smop9023_zps40b69ef7.jpg

to this:

487EF6FE-5D22-4CAB-92D0-007FC239959D-273-0000001C137052D4_zpsf232a70e.jpg

pablo

RMS Moderator
I guess its the Maptun ones you saw on ebay? I have them in my car the reason they are dear is they are far more adjustable.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
yeah mate, dont really want to sink that amount of money into coilovers. I had FK coilovers in my BMW E90 which was a more expensive car than the Saab and they were totally fine, cant understand why Saab coilovers are so expensive or that FK dont do Saab ones.

Could you not use the original Saab rear shocks?

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Springs wont give me enough lows :p Are the vectra coils a straight swap competely by keeping the standard saab rear shocks or do they still need to be modified in some way?

pablo

RMS Moderator
Springs wont give me enough lows :p Are the vectra coils a straight swap competely by keeping the standard saab rear shocks or do they still need to be modified in some way?

someone mentioned the springs were a bit short in the rear and loose when jacked up. this will see you in a world of pain come mot or if you get *selected* for roadside mot check.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
someone mentioned the springs were a bit short in the rear and loose when jacked up. this will see you in a world of pain come mot or if you get *selected* for roadside mot check.

i dont see any issues with popping the original springs back in the rear for mot and rasing the car up at the front :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.