What car thread ..... Again

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

iainbig

RMS Regular
Drives
Mx5
Will selling the jeep,
Thinking of a Megane 225 cup
Civic type r ep3
Golf gti
Maybe fn2 what's your opinions

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Just got a mk5 gti a few weeks back. Hard car to fault. Does everything well. (y)

davey21

RMS Regular
You ll not be able to get a golf gti.... everyones buying them on the forum.

iainbig

RMS Regular
OP
iainbig
Drives
Mx5
Lol so I see. Seem to be a popular choice atm. After having the jeep a week or 2 my insurance decided to drop a good bit. 225 looks alot for the money

Sonny

RMS Photographer
Megane (y)

Something different at least.

Dem dodgy french (Made in Germany) electrics doe. (none yet btw in 10k miles)

iainbig

RMS Regular
OP
iainbig
Drives
Mx5
I know megane is nice but a gamball on electrics.
Whats peoples thoughts on daily driving ep3s or 225s? If you've owned one. Running costs etc

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Ep'3 are handy ran, i have had 2 as daily drivers one standard and one with a exhaust system and filter. Just like anything depends how you drive them. My wife has a fn2 now as a daily driver and its great i love it but its going shortly.

Sonny

RMS Photographer
I know megane is nice but a gamball on electrics.
Whats peoples thoughts on daily driving ep3s or 225s? If you've owned one. Running costs etc

10k+ miles over the past year and the only issues I have had were self-inflicted really. Electrics are fine so get that out of your head, and at that you only need to check the window regulators.

I'm getting 22.8mpg according to the OBC. No point in working it out properly because I don't care all that much, I love driving it :grinning: It will take a load of abuse at the weekend and be fine for Monday morning for the drive to work (where it will also get driven hard depending on conditions)

Steve C

RMS Regular
10k+ miles over the past year and the only issues I have had were self-inflicted really. Electrics are fine so get that out of your head:grinning:

You've been lucky. Speaking from experience, Megane electrics are a nightmare! I would say it's only a matter of time with most Meganes, I hope your luck holds out though.

Other than that, nice enough cars.

iainbig

RMS Regular
OP
iainbig
Drives
Mx5
Thought I should update ended up in a 2006 ibiza fr 130tdi pd
So nice and torque and 60,mpg lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.