What Car Thread

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
My beloved 3.0 M3 has sold at the weekend, and looking for something to replace it.

Im looking something a bit newer and up the years, a bit fresher looking and something thats still decent looking and has a few toys about it. The M3 was brilliant, but it was old and basic for my needs. I dont do massive miles, in fact i done a little less that 15k in 3 years in the M3, but sometimes there were long trips involved when i would have preferred the frugality of a Derv, but i would be open to other suggestions.

So a few pre-requisites.

- Diesel preferred, but not essential
- No older than around 03 unless its something really special
- Something with a bit of poke about it, so a min of around 150ish bhp
- Some nice toys, Sat Nav? Bluetooth?

Some of the cars i have been looking at:

My favorite Contender at the min
- E60 530d M Sport

Others i have thought about
- B7 A4 TDI S-Line
- Lexus IS220d (hear there is head gasket issues?)
- E46 330d Sport

Then i always go back to thinking about the likes of a Subaru etc ....agggh the decisions :sob:

Budget is between £3k - £6.5k.

Help a brother out. :p

Mark

MarcVtec

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Integra Ty
I'm the opposite, I'm dying for a good m3 but can't find one.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I wouldn't be going diesel with those miles.

What about a 530i/645i or something like that? A V6/8 would make those long drives nicer.

106lad

RMS Regular
OP
106lad
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
I wouldn't be going diesel with those miles.

What about a 530i/645i or something like that? A V6/8 would make those long drives nicer.

Though i dont do a mass of miles, the journeys arent short. I regulalry do Antrim to ballymoney when im coming back from the Airport of the weekends. I felt like every time i got into the M3 it needed fuelling again. Resale on the Derv E60s would be better than a petrol.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
$_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kleemann-...9528725?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item19e8c6db15

Or...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-MERC...9415529?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4ad87969e9

Conor

RMS Regular
I'd be looking at a 730d. Same money as a 5 series but twice as awesome.

There's a guy in work has an E60 530i, reckons it does 30mpg no bother, it's spec'd to the balls and was a steal just because it was petrol.

106lad

RMS Regular
OP
106lad
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182

I love these, but i feel theyre getting long in the tooth, and youd need to keep it forever as youd never sell them one :confounded:

I'd be looking at a 730d. Same money as a 5 series but twice as awesome.

There's a guy in work has an E60 530i, reckons it does 30mpg no bother, it's spec'd to the balls and was a steal just because it was petrol.

7 is a bit too pipe and slippers for my liking. And ones for sale are few and far between. If I get an E60 it would need to be a diesel M Sport. So either an 520d or 530d. Is there much difference in these real world terms?

106lad

RMS Regular
OP
106lad
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Friend for life

Ah, thought you'd sneezed on your keyboard.

Not really if it's priced accordingly to be honest.

But sure why not buy a boring diesel to drive every day instead, just to relieve any fear of it being hard to sell when you're done with it! 8-(

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
A 535d with that mileage, and so cheap must have a turbo gone or something. Id be very sceptical

It states turbos have been replaced, though to be fair it does look a bit cheap so I would be a bit worried too lol

106lad

RMS Regular
OP
106lad
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
Ah, thought you'd sneezed on your keyboard.

Not really if it's priced accordingly to be honest.

But sure why not buy a boring diesel to drive every day instead, just to relieve any fear of it being hard to sell when you're done with it! 8-(

I still have the GT2. Mosying about in a Diesel would make getting into the GT2 a bit more special.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.