What's it worth? Rotten barn find Ascona...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ollie

RMS Regular
can anyone put a value on this? Very very rotten but complete.

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Cess

RMS Staff
4 door in bad shape. Might not be worth the bother in all honesty.

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
If I were buying, it would be £300.
However don't buy intending to fix and sell. Buy it if you want to restore one and keep it, if you're into Opels, if you want to spend the next five years tracking down NOS wings. And have a dry work area it can live in for that time. I'd agree with above, maximum restored sale price around £3k and could easily take £4k and months of your work to get it there.

"Actual" barn find though, cart and all. Bound to make it £16k as it sits.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
You say it's "very very rotten". To me that means sills, inner wings, chassis legs and floor, never mind general body work. I remember something slightly appealing about the SR wheels and dashboard. So unless it's sentimental I would give £50 tops.

Ollie

RMS Regular
OP
Ollie
You say it's "very very rotten". To me that means sills, inner wings, chassis legs and floor, never mind general body work. I remember something slightly appealing about the SR wheels and dashboard. So unless it's sentimental I would give £50 tops.

I didn't look too much under it but the top half of the drivers side wing was non existent. And a lot of surface rust all over. The thing about it is that it is complete so anyone looking interior bits, trim, bumpers or that sort of thing I thought it would be good for someone.

Paul.

RMS Regular
Odds of @amg306 having almost everything to restore one of these, even if it arrives in a bin bag? I'm guessing still surprisingly high.

It's this kind of thing that makes me want to visit various barns and see what lurks within. It may even be worth sticking on eBay. Chances are that someone out there has a hankering for a really, really rough Ascona Berlina. Or even just the front end to stick on a Mk1 Cavalier.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
If you dont buy it will you let the good people of rms know of its whereabouts? I might know someone for it.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
He was scared you would do something stupid like colour code the bumpers. lol

She's going to be running no bumpers, a bit lower and a good turbo jap engine in the next wee while...

I've already got rid of the aul red top and 45's she had fitted, so I'm not afraid to go against the grain as I've already had a few people tell me it's a sin to remove it as its the engine they should all have..

Bryan

RMS Regular
I bought a 4 door mk1 Cavalier for £50 in much better shape than that.... but then that was about 16 years ago :p

I wouldn't go more than £150 on that to be honest... the time it would take you to get it out of there alone would be ages.

Steviegsi

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
About £200 with a view to breaking it and throwing the rest in the bin. Is there a way to get the plate off a dead car, or would it need a dodgy mot first?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.