Whats your favourite sleeper?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
I know people generally nominate their own cars/interest, so I'll not break trend....Always found the old SAABs/Volvos to fit this category perfectly, mainly due to subtelty and other road users stereotyping as to how most of their owners would drive....9000 Aero def took people by surprise...290 bhp and a brutal mid range punch, only really given away by a the exhaust tip unless you knew your SAABs. Had some great laughs in it. 850 T5 tuned up or any engine conversion on a 7/900 series Volvo - these are the last cars people expect to give them a run up the road... :grinning:

IMG_0585.JPG

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
What do you have at the minute Matt?

Was just thinking about our Boras and that CU weekend the other day randomly!

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
What do you have at the minute Matt?

Was just thinking about our Boras and that CU weekend the other day randomly!

I've had a few random things since but never kept them an length. On a bit of an economy drive (trying to grow up). Regrett selling that SAAB to be honest, bang for buck sleeper value it was unbeatable. Its in Belfast though and some day I might get it back! Have a MK2 RS at the moment in stock, but you know me it doesnt really interest me too much, past the first few drives. Hankering after another old timer of some description, would love a 700 series volvo with engine conversion if money was no option! Currently driving a 740 TD saloon, which is a bit of retro enjoyment; seems to attract attention anyway, for good or for bad...Mainly old boys ha.

karron

RMS Regular
Drives
ford puma
I've had a few random things since but never kept them an length. On a bit of an economy drive (trying to grow up). Regrett selling that SAAB to be honest, bang for buck sleeper value it was unbeatable. Its in Belfast though and some day I might get it back! Have a MK2 RS at the moment in stock, but you know me it doesnt really interest me too much, past the first few drives. Hankering after another old timer of some description, would love a 700 series volvo with engine conversion if money was no option! Currently driving a 740 TD saloon, which is a bit of retro enjoyment; seems to attract attention anyway, for good or for bad...Mainly old boys ha.
there is a saab 9000 sits on a street of the kings road,perhaps your old one ? on the performance i think there was a set of figures for acceleration that had the saab quicker than the ferraris of the time.

Sonny

RMS Photographer
Its not what you would call a normal sleeper as they arent exactly slow in normal disguise, but after the work that was done it would def give a lot of super cars a push up the road

My old 730bhp subaru P1 doing a 10.3 sec quater mile drove ther, drove home even drove to the shops. View attachment 53162

Just thinking, was there a picture of this sitting in a 'river' a few years back?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I'm going to build one of these some time:

Also one of my fav's:

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
there is a saab 9000 sits on a street of the kings road,perhaps your old one ? on the performance i think there was a set of figures for acceleration that had the saab quicker than the ferraris of the time.

Yes thats my old one :sob:

BigJoe

RMS Regular
Drives
FR-V - Civic
Look at the chargers on that Granada....faaappp

How does one come about a CCX engine and think....I know, I'll shove it in a Granada?

BigJoe

RMS Regular
Drives
FR-V - Civic
Just reading over the build there, and altho it appears that the Koenigsegg is based off a Ford, its not an engine that was in a Koenigsegg......i think

stevyg

RMS Regular

Noel McQ

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS
As previously said the mk1 MPS..... my mk2 is kind of a sleeper but the scoop and huge spoiler sorta shout abit more than the mk1!

Emurphy783

RMS Regular
Drives
R31 Skyline
Datsun 120Y estate with a CA18DET modified to the balls.
Would have been better if it was a 510 though

original_2.jpg
original_4.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.