Wheel alignment for lowered cars

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
So tried both Kerr's and Ivan Kerr tyres and neither have the equipment to be able to do it for me. Anyone know anywhere? Closer to Belfast the better

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
I've used White Mountain tyres past few years for alignment, very professional, but haven't taken anything lowered up maybe worth ringing and asking them?

**mugen**

RMS Regular
Drives
Big 9'er
So tried both Kerr's and Ivan Kerr tyres and neither have the equipment to be able to do it for me. Anyone know anywhere? Closer to Belfast the better
I've had 2 cars done at kerrs Carrick, both lowered on coilovers no issues. Camber/caster/toe aligned to my specs.

What equipment do you need?

vtec1

RMS Regular
OP
vtec1
Drives
Focus st
I've had 2 cars done at kerrs Carrick, both lowered on coilovers no issues. Camber/caster/toe aligned to my specs.

What equipment do you need?
I rang them and they told me id need a corgi machine and they don't have one
I've used White Mountain tyres past few years for alignment, very professional, but haven't taken anything lowered up maybe worth ringing and asking them?
Good shout. Here now and their ramp is underground

Chris0

RMS Regular
I always used Phillip White tyres in Boucher but their depo is now in Mallusk. Still worth the trip for alignments or tyres

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Gavin at Blackline Performance just off the Moira roundabout does this now. Proper Hunter laser system and is happy to set to your own specifications if required.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Fosters have a new big depot in white mountain might have the equipment, I take my drift car to their one in the cutts to get aligned and it’s lowered

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Depends on how low it is and if you have enough adjustment in standard arms or aftermarket that allow enough adjustment

if you don’t have the above you likely won’t actually set the car up properly if it’s beyond adjustment of standard items.

Gambit

RMS Regular
I thought Ivan's in Carrick got new lower floor lifts for 4 wheel alignments for that exact reason.

Wonder what a corgi alignment setup gives you over a hunter setup

vtec1

RMS Regular
OP
vtec1
Drives
Focus st
I thought Ivan's in Carrick got new lower floor lifts for 4 wheel alignments for that exact reason.

Wonder what a corgi alignment setup gives you over a hunter setup
Said something about being able to screw something on

RubberLover

RMS Regular
The Hunter system clamps on the the tyre rather than screwing on to the wheel. Another other system screws on to the alloy wheel (ouch!).

There is a low-rent Hunter system that screws on to the wheel but I can’t think of anywhere in N.I. that has that version.

If the vehicle is lowered so low that the wheel arches covers the tyres, then your only option is to try pretty much any other system.

Reason being is that clearance is needed to allow for the rolling compensation.

MarkOne

RMS Regular
Dragging yet another old thread up to ask who to take a lowered jdm car, not that low tbh but low enough to need someone who can do it and also set a bit of camber? Was plannning to go to Ivan Kerr in Carrick but this thread has me unsure, are all these recommendations still valid? Cheers

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Dragging yet another old thread up to ask who to take a lowered jdm car, not that low tbh but low enough to need someone who can do it and also set a bit of camber? Was plannning to go to Ivan Kerr in Carrick but this thread has me unsure, are all these recommendations still valid? Cheers
He can do it as long as there’s a finger width space between the arch and tyre