Where to buy ball joints?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Sonny

RMS Photographer
Renault don't supply them on their own, only the full arm at £300+ for both.

They have a nut on them so not having much luck so far..

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Renault don't supply them on their own, only the full arm at £300+ for both.

They have a nut on them so not having much luck so far..

Where on planet earth are you ?

Pretty much any motor factors will sell them

Sometimes it's just as handy to change the whole arm though, and OEM is generally much better quality than aftermarket, so will last longer.
But a lot of the aftermarket will sell complete arms too, and maybe the option of the BJ on it's own

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
two different types for the megane either a 16mm pin or an 18mm pin, i have both in stock at bangor autoparts here if your close

Sonny

RMS Photographer
OP
Sonny
ECP don't do them for Renaultsport Megane's, they list a 2.0 but it's completely different.

I've looked at the LCA on most sites but none are for the RS. There's a guy works for Renault on Meganesport.net and he confirmed that the LCA is a Renault only part.

I've been into Craigavon Auto Parts and his system only brought up the aforementioned boggo 2.0 so no use (n)

"ball joint has a tread on the taper where a nut would go on to"

ae86clyde

RMS Regular
Drives
F10 BMW 520D
I was going to send you a PM there, seen your thread with the Meyle stuff (y)

Yea I just seen someone mentioned my name so thought id have a look, Meyle are like everyone else for this car and only list the normal set up but I know they 225's have a completely different set up.

Cheers

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
ECP don't do them for Renaultsport Megane's, they list a 2.0 but it's completely different.

I've looked at the LCA on most sites but none are for the RS. There's a guy works for Renault on Meganesport.net and he confirmed that the LCA is a Renault only part.

I've been into Craigavon Auto Parts and his system only brought up the aforementioned boggo 2.0 so no use (n)

"ball joint has a tread on the taper where a nut would go on to"

my apologies you are correct only list the standard one like this

download.jpg

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
The suspension is a pain in the arse to work at :p

But it makes it handle well (y)

Are you able to check for any joints with a tapered end? Could maybe see if it is anyway similar..

just had a hunt there for you seems like its dealer part only checked makes i dont even do there to see if i could source you one and they all come back the same which isnt correct, yours are a threaded pin on it it seems which isnt available

Sonny

RMS Photographer
OP
Sonny
Aye it seems like Renault knew they'd be able to make a fortune on these and the hub bearings and only offer the complete part! Fortunately you can get the hub bearings from a few people.

Thanks anyway!

alan_c

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf
If I remember from my 197 days, Renault Sport in Wimbledon were able to supply the ball joints separately for the Clio 197s. Not sure if its the case for the Megane but I'm sure it would be worth a call?

Sonny

RMS Photographer
OP
Sonny
Until you see the price of the passenger side at £177, hence the £300 in the OP. The difference? Self leveller for headlights..

I've to replace the 2 on the pass side and 1 on drivers.

alan_c

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf
Wow! Sorry I didn't realise one side was more expensive than the other! Try ringing the RS guys in Winbledon to see what they say.

Sonny

RMS Photographer
OP
Sonny
There's one breaking on eBay, have contacted to see what condition they are in!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.