North West 200

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
Fair few of the usual freeloaders, whiners and drunks today but overall great weekend all round! The organisers seemed to step it up this year (weather helped) but hopefully the ship is steadied going forward after the last couple of shaky yea

Amazing what a bit of sun can do. Great to see anyway and long, long, overdue.

dufunk

RMS Regular
Would that not be up there this week for record numbers, the grandstands where well packed even for practice. Also the coverage was trending number 1 on iplayer so that can't be a bad thing for the future.

RevT

RMS Regular
It’s the weather. If we had guaranteed weather like that for even three months of the year for events, they’d be packed to the gills and they’d improve every year.

People need/want something to do, the weather prevents that most of the time, but when it works out well, the event always ends up a decent success.

Brian mc21

RMS Regular
Having recently put my gear to the test makes you realise. Leathers are good and do a job but in reality their main benefit would be abrasion resistance. All well and good when your off the bike and are lucky enough to slide and come to a stop. The problems come when you start hitting immovable stuff then I don’t think it matters what you’re wearing. As they say it’s not always the speed that kills you it’s the coming to a stop.

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Having recently put my gear to the test makes you realise. Leathers are good and do a job but in reality their main benefit would be abrasion resistance. All well and good when your off the bike and are lucky enough to slide and come to a stop. The problems come when you start hitting immovable stuff then I don’t think it matters what you’re wearing. As they say it’s not always the speed that kills you it’s the coming to a stop.

200% agree........ if you bounce along the road, even through a hedge or whatever... all good.. its when you impact something solid that real damage occurs (i have that T shirt !)

its similar (ish) in cars too.... in that if you bounce off stuff, and the car takes a lot of the impact absorption you can be fine... but if you end up coming to a sudden halt from speed - your internal organs simply cant cope, let alone the 'mechanical' issues it can do to you physically.

this years NW was fab... coverage great.... superb having the races on Thurs night too, they've really steadily built it up into being a great weeks event

clrrk

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A
That was the most enjoyable NW200 for me in years. The weather definitely played its part but it was good to see the numbers it pulled this year after all the uncertainty in recent times.

Have a week booked on the enduro bikes for the TT that gives us half of practice week and the start of race week, will have a lot to live upto after last weekend!