Once common cars that you don't see anymore

88micm

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M235i
On my walking loop I've noticed this sitting and wondered if it's a Turbo R? Can't imagine those are stock alloys...

Attachments

• 1000020199.jpg
    1000020199.jpg
    460.4 KB · Views: 0

gary87

RMS Regular
South African import from KwaZulu-Natal going by the plate.

This is one of my grail spots because I know it exists and I've never seen one before. A Z1 and a Z8 both rank very highly as cars I'd like to lay eyes upon. Given how rare they are, I bet there aren't many with one owner from new at this point.

Seen a Z1 on a car transporter when I worked in Agnews, the doors are really cool, very small car by modern standards - couldn't have been much bigger than a Mk2 MX5, if at all!

I think there was a Wheeler Dealers on them at some stage as well.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Remember watching one hitting a parking bollard in Newry at about 1mph and the whole front fell off like a comedy sketch.
I went to view one 1 in Ballybogey years ago and the whole front panel was like dust. I think if you braked hard the front end would have fallen out of it too 🤣

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
So as a lot of youse know Im known to find a diamond in the rough, this one is no exception.. previous owner died and it’s been left unattended for a few years with the window slightly down on the d/side witch is a shame as the rest of the interior is mint.. believed low mileage and one owner it is in need of attention obviously but a hell of a project to do.. C YA plate & manual too 😉
IMG_2591.jpeg
IMG_2592.png

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
So as a lot of youse know Im known to find a diamond in the rough, this one is no exception.. previous owner died and it’s been left unattended for a few years with the window slightly down on the d/side witch is a shame as the rest of the interior is mint.. believed low mileage and one owner it is in need of attention obviously but a hell of a project to do.. C YA plate & manual too 😉View attachment 434788View attachment 434789
What a great project...well depending on how rusty it is!

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
So as a lot of youse know Im known to find a diamond in the rough, this one is no exception.. previous owner died and it’s been left unattended for a few years with the window slightly down on the d/side witch is a shame as the rest of the interior is mint.. believed low mileage and one owner it is in need of attention obviously but a hell of a project to do.. C YA plate & manual too 😉View attachment 434788View attachment 434789
Great find. That would be easily sorted too