Caked on brake dust

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

porter_mk6

RMS Regular
Drives
Saxo VTS
Just got my new car there and the previous owner didn't really take care of the wheels the brake dust is completly stuck on the wheel.Does anyone know the best product to use to remove it. the wheel is bmw mv1

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 155

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
This is something i wonder too, for cleaning of wheels that literally no one ever cares about, that are covered in burnt on dust. Dont need the softly softly approach, something that near takes the rubber off never mind the brake dust would be good. lol

My own skyline wheels, i dont even use cleaner, as there washed often and i just use whatever bubbles is left in my bucket from bath time. But the mondeo ones look terrible....

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
I have started to use the auto finesse iron out it does a great job braking down dust on wheels.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
This is something i wonder too, for cleaning of wheels that literally no one ever cares about, that are covered in burnt on dust. Dont need the softly softly approach, something that near takes the rubber off never mind the brake dust would be good. lol

My own skyline wheels, i dont even use cleaner, as there washed often and i just use whatever bubbles is left in my bucket from bath time. But the mondeo ones look terrible....

As @hippyross suggested, Surge by Concept in that case, it's an acid and super heavy duty!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
a product we call stone brite.

it honestly would blitz those with zero effort - its the same product @Lyons used to clean his exhaust trims on his TT when he still had it.

@weeloaney also bought some as did @Coog if I remember correctly, so I am sure if you ask them they can vouch for the stuff!

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Yes, yes stonebrite really does work, used it by accident on wheels. Thought the wheel cleaner got stronger sitting on my shelf for a few weeks haha.

Removed the tar on the wheels too.

Bother had the sticky caliper on his car and it wore the pad down to metal, the is now some rusty orange metal fillings on the alloys wheel will the likes of iron cleanses etc remove this

Or even stone brite for that matter? @Big Pimp

Was so confused why I got a notification for this thread haha.
Never tagged in a thread I hadn't been subscribed to before

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
yes mate, stone brite will zip through that rusty orange crap. dilute it at least 50:50 and let it do its magic!

Last edited:

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Ps I was warned about wearing gloves with stone brite by the man himself but on had ripped and had a huge cut on a finger and it stung like heck, and I mean really bad, I've had my hand covered and submerged in paint thinners with cuts, that stings a lot, but nothing compared to this.

Wear gloves with it haha

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.