VW Golf R400

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gambit

RMS Regular
nice!
395bhp
4wd
hefty price tag no doubt though

The+Golf+R+400_01.jpg

Volkswagen-R400-Golf-Beijing-auto-show-debut.jpg

Cess

RMS Staff
Wheels are indeed gash. Not liking the lemon yellow colour on the grille and calipers. Also, world's biggest third level brake light looks a bit Halford's aftermarket.

However, that said, it's a good looking car (y)

Conor

RMS Regular
A bit too much Focus RS/Halfords styling from VW TBH, their appeal for me was always in their sublety. That said what an absolute animal it'll be, but I can't help but think it'll be heavy on the lag in a manual. No DSG available for it from what I read. 3.9 secs to 60 from a standard Golf is hilarious.

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
A bit too much Focus RS/Halfords styling from VW TBH, their appeal for me was always in their sublety. That said what an absolute animal it'll be, but I can't help but think it'll be heavy on the lag in a manual. No DSG available for it from what I read. 3.9 secs to 60 from a standard Golf is hilarious.

I quite like the styling, harks back to extended arches for mk2 G60's & im guessing the lemon will set it apart, same as the baby blue grill did on the mk2 Golf Limited

i think it is pretty subtle but still mean looking

price tag will be monstrous no doubt

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI

Agree. That's the appeal for me with the sportier VW's - you don't look like a welt/steek driving it, doesn't draw unnecessary attention, etc. Decent looking car all the same for someone (bar the wheels) and nice to see them do something a bit special too.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Saw one of the new Golf R a couple of days ago (with the alloy wheel upgrade thankfully). Looked really well in the dark blue. Looked more exec than hot hatch than I expected though that's the way the R have been for a while.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
really like that, no word on a price? im reckoning around 40k

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
Lovely car. Every year Hot Hatches seem to get more and more bhp.

This makes the 300bhp Focus RS look tame (power wise, not look wise)

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Think I'd rather buy the current Golf R and use my change to make it 400bhp. Haven't warmed to the styling yet, but then I'm a boring sod that way. Seeing one in the flesh that would likely change that.

Still an awesome/mental car out of the box. As said, 0-60 in 3.9 from a standard VW Golf is just insane.

clrrk

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A
Not a huge fan of the styling myself but that engine!! Hoping this is more of a concept look and that it will be toned down for production. Few more pics...

Volkswagen-VW-R400-Golf-engine-.jpg

VW-R400-Golf-R-Beijing-motor-show-photo-gallery.jpg

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
The only down side is the wheels the rest is spot on.

Id have one of them tomorrow with out a shadow of a doubt.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.