Lanes/Targa Rallies

KevM

RMS Regular
Yeah, il be over to Portadown and onto the M1 there, though might only be leaving mine around 7.15, if my nav manages getting his arse out of bed....

Im sure we'll tie up with others somewhere along the way!

DavyC

RMS Regular
I actually put the rear seat back into my car last night so that the 2 spares were more secure. they were just sliding about in the boot all on their own.
lol.. Rebounding about like two superballs thrown in a small room!.. If we see them lying near a pile of shattered glass we'll know who they belong to!

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
lol.. Rebounding about like two superballs thrown in a small room!.. If we see them lying near a pile of shattered glass we'll know who they belong to!

Fear not, they are now held snugly in place. Boot was far too big for them on their own. That's not to say you still wont come across them, shattered glass and a broken saxo parked in a ditch, on top of a blue 306.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Yep forced induction and 4 wheel drive not allowed. However the way a lot of modern cars are going it could change in the future.

The rules allow turbos on engines up to 1500cc so that would cover most of the 1.4T's that are being produced at the minute.

Was there a 1.3 turbo metro? One of those could be a properly quick Lanes car. And isn't the Glanza turbo a 1.3 too.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Fear not, they are now held snugly in place. Boot was far too big for them on their own. That's not to say you still wont come across them, shattered glass and a broken saxo parked in a ditch, on top of a blue 306.

If you are going to have a crash on Saturday I hope you stick to your now traditional route and take the hit on your side of the car again.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
@RComms your on form today! Have to agree though that when im heading towards the obstacle I do be thankful for that bit of tin over my head.

DavyC

RMS Regular
@RComms your on form today! Have to agree though that when im heading towards the obstacle I do be thankful for that bit of tin over my head.
There's not really anywhere to go in an MX either if it happens... lie in towards the middle, but that only saves one soul!... We call it the 'whoever gets the head down 1st wins' game!

KevM

RMS Regular
I cant lean in, i'm strapped into a non-adjusting bucket seat with a 4pt harness :worried:

I know the regs state we cant wear a helmet, but I wonder if I leave my curling rollers in, would it successfully cushion my head in the event of an impact?

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
At the Welsh Enduro rally a long time ago, a competitor wore a bicycle helmet to protect his head as it didn't fall foul of the enduro regs.

The regulation guru that is @RallyCiaran reckons you are allowed helmets but not intercoms but without an intercom you wouldnt hear the instructions. Im all in favour of helmets and cant see what advantage it or an intercom would give you. it seems silly to me to not allow safety equipment or ban intercoms which makes the use of safety equipment impractical.

KevM

RMS Regular
CIP QUBMC Summer Lanes 2014

Final Instructions 2

The postcode for the Baronscourt estate is BT78 4EZ

Sign-on and breakfast is in The Carriage House from 08.00

Scrutineering is in the car park opposite also from 08.00

Don’t forget that NO transporters or Trailers canbe allowed into the estate. If you are worried about insurance you can unload at the entrance and then move on to the trailer park, there is little room for this and it will cause congestion so we would prefer you to park first and unload in the trailer park, which will be open from 07.00.

Drivers briefing is at 09.30

First car is 10.00

Please remember the following:

Spill Kit & Warning Triangle,

Please also remember that Tyres must be road legal. Gravel / knobbly type tyres will not be allowed to run. Tyres will be checked through the event for road worthiness.

As part of scrunineeringAll competitors will be expected so sign a statement confirming that their vehicle is road legal, ieMot’d /NCT’d and has a current road fund licence.

I look forward to seeing you in the morning bright and early

Clifford.

John_MK5

RMS Regular
First time ive ever been prepared. Car and jeep filled for 6pm. Ive seen me working to 2am the night before lol and some racey home made numbers for tomorrow lol
uploadfromtaptalk1405723698921.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1405723715036.jpg

DavyC

RMS Regular
Nice touch with the stickers John!

That's us hitting the road now!.. See you all in a few hours!

jayme

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini/ A7
@jayme that wee mini of yours looked cracking sitting at the finish there. V jealous!

Cheers man really appreciate it. you the guys in the 306?

I was 1 of the fellas at letterbin stage giving the motivational less traction more action speeches, you boys where going well.

KevM

RMS Regular
Cheers man really appreciate it. you the guys in the 306?

I was 1 of the fellas at letterbin stage giving the motivational less traction more action speeches, you boys where going well.

Can't believe you only gave my flat left over crest a 6/10 lol