Afterthoughts on the Belfast Motor Show 2014 at Kings Hall

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

comfortablynumb

RMS Regular
10269528_443111965829946_2641722377312098594_n.jpg

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Is there a Dublin/ROI Motor Show?

If there isn't then a new show could be sold to manufacturers/dealers as an all island show, it would greatly increase your potential market. 6.3 million people rather than 1.8 million.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Those of you thinking about doing something try to contact Top Gear.

If they could be got on board, having the Top Gear live show here (even if it was in the Oddessy on the same weekend as the show), would be a sure winner.

TAZ6416

RMS Regular
Drives
Eunos Roadster
Koenigsegg seem to be very big on PR, if I were the organisers, I'd be giving Christian a call/email.

I know it might seem like reaching above your/N.I.'s station but they've done big things for similar organisations so it wouldn't hurt to ask. Even if they arranged with their UK dealer to send 1 car over with a pile of brochures, it would be something huge for the show.

But, to keep this thread on topic so it doesn't get locked... Has anyone had any luck getting refunds yet?

Someone on the BMS Disaster page said they got one from Living Social.

Jonathan

TAZ6416

RMS Regular
Drives
Eunos Roadster
It has, I wonder if Ms Mann lodged a complaint with Facebook and got it taken down. A friend of hers appeared on it last night so I guess she's aware of it.

Jonathan

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Disaster page has returned. Seems some people got refunds, some haven't and trading standards are involved.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
slightly off topic but was he ever actually proved to be a spoofer ??

I would like to know this too as I seen his lambo in the flesh which pretty impressive if it was all a ruse.

CHR15-53AT

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT Ibiza
Just dawned on me this morning that surely the best way to get a proper show is not to try and do it ourselves with a few people who think they know the right people etc etc, but use an already established platform.

Has anyone considered seeing if Chris Evans would like to bring his Carfest to Northern Ireland, that seems like a proper family packed show and how it should be done?

conor62

RMS Member
Drives
Corsa Sport
Does anyone know who owned or brought the amg safety car? Would like to get in contact with him... also was there a stig at the Belfast motor show? I was to busy spending my entry fee on a pint...

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
It's mentioned somewhere that it was owned by the same fella who owns stoneyford concrete. It also had one of their stickers on it

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.