a-kem automotive

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
what sort of sprayers are people using for the Ultra Gloss?

This is what I have

hozelock4123.jpg

Marc

RMS Moderator
Gleam is the shampoo, you mean the ultra gloss?

You spray it on straight after to rinse the car clean and then rinse it straight off again

I dont rate the Gleam that much compared to the Autoglym Shampoo and some Shamwax Shampoo I have, the gleam doesnt seem to give a good lather compared the 2 others.

The Snowfoam and the Ultra Gloss are fantastic tho! I use a 2L garden sprayer to apply the Ultra Gloss and find it works well :grinning:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I apply them using the hand sprayer bottles Ross supplied and my forearm is ready to fall off after each time I wash the car.

I must invest in a pressurised one of some sort.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I apply them using the hand sprayer bottles Ross supplied and my forearm is ready to fall off after each time I wash the car.

I must invest in a pressurised one of some sort.
I started like that too, but by the time I get round the jeep, my hands cramping haha.

Pressure spray is far handier and quicker

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
hi guys,

i'm not ignoring anyone - been over at my brothers wedding in portugal, and will be home tonight to get back to everyone.

@Ant_ seeing your car makes me want a Z4 so much.... I think they are a fantastic looking motor, especially in convertible form!

@Marc - I appreciate feedback on the products, and I will speak to my chemist to see can he give Gleam more of a lather..... I have a new one I've been trying, and it has very little bubbles etc, but the finish it leaves is unreal.

I don't think I could sell it though, because even though the science is there, and the results are there, the lack of suds, bubbles and lather would mean people wouldn't buy it, or they would likely only buy it the once.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I must be honest I have went back to using my old shampoo over gleam also as I would rather see bubbles lol.yes it is probably a much better product but for me I just want my car washed .

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Hi guys,

Sorry I've been off for a few days - was at my brothers wedding and only getting back into the swing of things now! I've a heap of PMs to reply to so will get on it now!

Reactions: dub

Ant

RMS Regular
Picked up some articulate so going give it a go later :grinning:
Ultra gloss was outta stock in procar so giving some glimmerman stuff a try instead in the meantime

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
@Big Pimp, few shots of your ultrafoam, using our petrol washer, I've never had foam as good. Don't think the wee karcher was ever and certainly not now powerful enough to mix and spray it properly.

Tho for the under I had is mixed quite strong, and mixed with some decreaser, done an awesome job tho.

IMAG1962.jpg

IMAG1964.jpg

Mixed a little weaker for the bodywork

IMAG1966.jpg

The mixture I used for underneath stood up like shaving foam on the bodywork haha