a-kem automotive

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Anyone else using the glass cleaner?

I think it works really well, esp with the 2 cloths provided, only thing I like cleaning my windscreen on the inside with now, leaves no streaks and residue like the household glass cleaner I have been using previously.
It's awesome, use it in the car/jeep the whole time, well a few times a year haha.

Used the polishing cloth once I think and couldn't be asked again do the kinda twice.

Just spray on and wipe of with the yellow one. Tho by the time I get to the last WI do in the Range Rover I nearly need a second cloth as it gets damp.

But quick and easy to use, great cleaner and drys with streaks and as I do it last I found it doesn't leave wee spots on the dash and other trim when the most fall on it, which I found others have done.

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Clear view is great for windows.

But stumbled across this by accident and swear by it now (for exterior anyway).

Dilute your ultra gloss well down in spray bottle and use that. Came across it when using it as a quick detailer and over sprayed onto the window so wiped it off lol.

Try it. (y)

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Clear view is great for windows.

But stumbled across this by accident and swear by it now (for exterior anyway).

Dilute your ultra gloss well down in spray bottle and use that. Came across it when using it as a quick detailer and over sprayed onto the window so wiped it off lol.

Try it. (y)
Acts like rainex?

The glass cleaner does it too for a while.

I used Rainex on my mk3 golf after I got the new windshield.

It's awesome haha

garyo

RMS Regular
My mother asked me the other day if I had any more of 'that glass cleaner' I gave her. I surprisedly asked her had she gone through the whole can already..."No, not yet, but I don't EVER wanna run out of it"!

I absolutely hate cleaning glass, only other proper glass cleaner I used was Meguiars stuff that I lifted in Halfords one time on their 3 for 2 offer cos I couldn't think of what else to take as my 'free' item, but for ease of use and finished results, Clearview is in a league of its own.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
I used the glad cleaner today on 4 cars, a van and the workshop Windows which hasn't been cleaned in a considerable length of time.

It was the first time I have had to resort to actually using the microfibre after the glad cleaning cloth. Still made light work of them.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
I used the glad cleaner today on 4 cars, a van and the workshop Windows which hasn't been cleaned in a considerable length of time.

It was the first time I have had to resort to actually using the microfibre after the glad cleaning cloth. Still made light work of them.

I'm a plank. I always used the microfibrer first then finished with the glad cloth lol

Lewis.

RMS Regular
Drives
S14 Zenki
Finally got round to using some of the products i got of Ross. Extremely happy with the results! And my god the smell of the spray gloss is unbelievable, id near splash some on my pillow lol

The glass cleaner was really really impressive, i thought my windows in the car where clean until i used this. You wouldnt believe the dirt that came of them, it feels like you're driving with no glass! lol

Haven't got to use the rest of the box, cant wait till the weekend to use the rest :laughing:

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
In fairness, I have always had great results using the window cloth first, it seems to be a little tougher for removing stubborn stains like bird sh*t, mud etc (when we use it on events) and the microfibre just to buff it up

c11ris

RMS Regular
Drives
MK5GTI/MK2GTI
So I've been using @Big Pimp 's stuff since the £40 last year and I have been very impressed with it. So much so I need to send him a wee message with a plan I have. So I thought I would post a few pics of products I used and the results. My wash method goes spray on articulate with pump sprayer, coat of ultrafoam with my autobrite lance, wash using either gleam or megs gold class shampoo and wash mitt and then spray on a coat of ultragloss, rinse and dry with a big yellow towel. I have also mixed a stronger dilution of articulate as a wheel cleaner. Heres some pics:

Also tested out the tyre dressing. Im very impressed with the finish it gives a nice satin finish.
Before:

After:

I have cleaned a host of other cars with Anachem stuff but I havent uploaded any pics and its too late for that. I will get onto it another day. But as mentioned an excellent range of products, reasonably priced, easy to use and produce excellent results.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Lovely write up, thanks for that Chris. I'm also delighted to hear that the £40 gift pack is still going well for you and the other cars too!

Also thank you for taking the time to illustrate your wash technique and methods with photographs too. Your methods are spot on and exactly the same as my technique

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I think I wash my car to much as the £40 stuff is near done after about 2 months well the snow foam and articulate lol. I will def be buying more soon.

AndyG

RMS Regular
Picked up some Articulate and snow foam from Ross yesterday and he threw in some of the gleam shampoo aswell.. Must say the customer service is excellent after my messing about and taking a while to actually collect the stuff but managed to get it yesterday and he even met half way to get it all.. Have no pictures of it in use yet as I was only cleaning my wee run about but all the stuff is brilliant... Took months of dirt off with next to no effort.. I've used so many different snow foams and I honestly think this stuff is better than the rest of them especially for how cheap it is! Looking forward to using my other stuff up so I can try the rest of their range.

10/10 from me for sure!

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Have to agree about Ross's customer service its fantastic and he is a really nice guy. Called today to get my father in law sorted out and his set up is fantastic. Got more stuff for myself. He has gained new customers for life with my family now anyway.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Thanks for calling round today mate. Was nice catching up again.

I take it my directions got you home in the end?!