Kinda what car thread from me....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
whilst nothing is imminent, I am starting to have a look at what I may change my motor for in a few months time.

I've had hursts on to let me know build times for the new Range Rover sport but the only thing in my head is that there will likely be a model year 18 change and whilst I could hang on for another few months and wait for it is like to know the revisions first.

They're also suggesting an SVR which I must admit is very very appealing as it would cover every base I could want but the thing I'm not sure about is should I have a change to something else?

There are two very different types which appeal to me.

Fast, petrol performance. Something like a Porsche or Maserati etc. Needs to be a 4 seater (wife & 2 car seats) but reliable as a daily.

The other extreme is a pick up!

Crew cab, plenty of luxuries and definite off road capabilities.

So there you go - two very distinct ends of the scale but both with massive appeal to me!

Jason

RMS Regular
m-sport-1-625x375.jpg

m-sport-2-625x375.jpg
]

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Funny seen that Jason. Looked awesome and that's what made me really look at them seriously

Con S3

RMS Regular
Drives
RRS SVR
The SVR really is something else @Big Pimp but I think, certainly for me anyway, you would be looking at the same dashboard, sitting in the same seat (al beit Recaros or whatever is in the SVR) etc, the change wouldn't be significant enough to warrant the expenditure. The only difference would be the overall performance and obviously the engine IMO.

I know I'm an Audi huere but I would entertain an SQ7. Brand new model, goes like the clappers and a significant saving on an SVR. It's huge too, more room than you could ever want.

I think 0-60 is around 4.9secs or something ridiculous like that. The order book is opening any day now.

If nothing else, it's another option to consider. Life's tough to be making decisions such as these hahaa. Good luck on the hunt bud.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Pick up will feel awful in comparison to the RRS. Consider a FFRR? Although similar they actually drive quite differently with the FFRR being more luxurious.

The SVR is something else though and I would love the opportunity to own one! A fantastic combination of noise, performance, luxury and capability!

What about an F-Pace? Also from the JLR family but from a different platform and more car like in the way it handles? Can come with the V6 SC petrol or the same V6D you have now?

dannydnn

RMS Regular
What about a Brabus 730 or slightly used 850 if you could find one in rhd, not much use with a trailer or in a field but the sound will make up for it

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
What about a Brabus 730 or slightly used 850 if you could find one in rhd, not much use with a trailer or in a field but the sound will make up for it
The 850 is awesome. I actually love the S63 coupe it's based on.

730 not for me though no doubt a hoot to drive.

Thanks @Graham - kinda my worry about them. My youngest brother had a rodeo d-max a few years ago and even though it looked class it was boring to drive and got stuck going up a field across the road from me (although it was on 20" road wheels & tyres) and my first sport on 20" road wheels & tyres breezed past him easily. I thought he was mucking about but had to go into the low box to get it out!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Pick up will feel awful in comparison to the RRS. Consider a FFRR? Although similar they actually drive quite differently with the FFRR being more luxurious.

The SVR is something else though and I would love the opportunity to own one! A fantastic combination of noise, performance, luxury and capability!

What about an F-Pace? Also from the JLR family but from a different platform and more car like in the way it handles? Can come with the V6 SC petrol or the same V6D you have now?

FFRR is still too old for me. I'm only mid 30's still :p

F-Pace is interesting but I'd stay with a sport before I'd move to an F-Pace.

The new discovery (from spy shots I've seen) is interesting also.

Have you heard about any MY18 changes? I've seen camo'd pictures of them and they look very similar to mine.

The SVR is definitely top of my dream motors but it all depends on £££ at the end of the day!

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
G Wagon?

image.jpeg

I know you like the SUV style, so that'll cover the space, size, capabilities you require (oil tanks are very heavy :p) and no doubt the performance aspect too, depending on the model you choose.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.