Sapphire Cosworth

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I wonder could the Pilot of the drone make the RMS BBQ?

Although I love drones and are great for things like this, I'm very wary of the being above a crowd of people and their pride and joys.

See so many fall and if they hit someone's they could do a good bit of damage, nevermind if they hit someone.

Would still be nice to get some shots from above tho.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
OP
Paul RS
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Made a start to (hopefully) fixing my over cooling issues. Ever since I fitted the alloy radiator and turbo water radiator the car has run very cold. Cruising on the motorway the temperature gauge will actually drop right down to its minimum and even the heaters won't blow warm air. A side effect of this is my oil rarely gets above 80C. Neither of these things are great lol

I've decided to remove the oil cooler and replaced it with the original Ford oil Modine. This uses the engine coolant to heat the oil up quickly, but also regulate the temperature once it's hot. A side effect of removing the oil cooler will be better air flow to the intercooler. Probably won't make much difference, but ever little helps!

Got stuck in tonight and removed the oil cooler system, radiators and intercooler. I had to remove the inlet plenum cover and engine mount to get access to the Mocal oil cooler sandwich plate. I've fitted the Modine and oil filter back on using new seals, which will hopefully stop the oil leak I've had round the sandwich plate.

Next I need to order new hose clips and try and find the Modine water hoses which are hopefully in my spares parole somewhere :p

IMG_4401.JPG
IMG_4402.JPG
IMG_4403.JPG
IMG_4404.JPG
IMG_4405.JPG
IMG_4406.JPG
IMG_4407.JPG

Much nicer to work on than new Foci :p

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Saw the shed lights on when I drove past, but was already running late otherwise I would have stopped to make tea and be absolutely no help at all. What you really need to work on, is my focus, see if it makes you wish to quit working on cars as much as it makes me. Lol.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I had a huge radiator in a R33 skyline that I swapped out for an original. The radiator was just far to efficient it over ruled the thermostat. Only solution was go back to stock. For same reason I could not get heat into water or oil.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I had a huge radiator in a R33 skyline that I swapped out for an original. The radiator was just far to efficient it over ruled the thermostat. Only solution was go back to stock. For same reason I could not get heat into water or oil.

Was also made worse in mine as the ecu was smart and had a parameter set that if water was less than 60 degrees it had a warm up Rev limit set at 4K rpm. So one minute cruising along on motorway you decided to give it a squeeze met with a rev limit at 4K lol

That parameter was binned along with the big radiator

Paul RS

RMS Regular
OP
Paul RS
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
I support this decision :laughing:

A question though Paul, was there a thermostat in your sandwich plate?

It had an 80C stat in it. It took forever to get to that temperature and even then it was nearly impossible to get it to stay there lol

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
What would one expect Cosworth ownership to set you back per annum?

2/300k? Is it possible to buy a share? Like a Cossie Consortium.

The reason I ask is that the working man's supercar is no longer within grasp of the average working man.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
OP
Paul RS
Drives
Sierra Cosworth

The reason I ask is that the working man's supercar is no longer within grasp of the average working man.

They aren't that expensive for parts unless you buy trick things. Doing what I'm doing now will cost less than £100, unless I get bullied into doing the timing belt which is a further £60. I'm not using any special tools and it could be done on axle stands.

It's only the purchase price of the car that's really gone mental recently.

Serious love for the tool trays, particularly the one made to sit over the engine, you'd almost think that working on fords was a common thing...
The anodised spanners/shifter as also pretty cool (y)

But seriously, you need help :p

The anodised spanners are for remove the Goodridge fittings without marking them :p

I do lol :p

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom

Been chatting about price of anything remotely interesting to another member on here recently. It's all nuts and there is nothing that's good and fun within the grasp of a young enough enthusiast now, between being on the first few runs of the wage ladder or a student, cars appreciating so much, insurance bumming session etc
Before I was 21 I had owned skylines 200sx's and e36 m3's. Several of each and a evo 8 by 23 or sooner. At that point I worked on jobs full time but generally a quid or 2 quid max over min wage. I still went on the p!ss too and had plenty of non car craic.
I Would hate to be that age again and your only option is something normal more or less.

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Been chatting about price of anything remotely interesting to another member on here recently. It's all nuts and there is nothing that's good and fun within the grasp of a young enough enthusiast now, between being on the first few runs of the wage ladder or a student, cars appreciating so much, insurance bumming session etc
Before I was 21 I had owned skylines 200sx's and e36 m3's. Several of each and a evo 8 by 23 or sooner. At that point I worked on jobs full time but generally a quid or 2 quid max over min wage. I still went on the p!ss too and had plenty of non car craic.
I Would hate to be that age again and your only option is something normal more or less.

Your 100% right they are starved of craic.
Studies show they even have less sex.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.