Sapphire Cosworth

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Decided to give the car a good clean today as i haven't waxed it in a week or two, as it was sunny i thought it would be a good idea to go and take some pictures. Any i've taken previously have been crap, not that these are much better lol

Updated the spec as well as i've fitted new parts and discovered other bits missing/different to what was thought to be on the car.

Engine

Lightened and balanced bottom end
Low compression pistons
T3/4 hybrid turbo with a .63 housing
Genuine RS 500 inlet manifold running 8 x 803 bosch injectors
Genuine RS 500 intercooler
Genuine RS 500 boost pipes
Collins Bespoke exhaust
Vibratechnic engine mounts
Graham Goode Racing Header tank
Graham Goode Racing Swirl Pot
Graham Goode Racing Power Steering Tank
Collins Engine Breather
Spec R Turbo Heatsheild
Mocal 80 Degrees C oil cooler thermostat
Setrab oil cooler
Grp A coil
Roose Coolant and Ancilary hoses
Goodridge Braided water lines
Grp A cone filter
Pectel Super 8 Ecu with air injector and boost control

Brakes

Front - Tarox 6 pots with 305mm discs, ferodo DS2500 pads, braided lines
Rear - Standard rears with Mintex pads

Wheels

Usually 7"x17" OZ Super T's but i still have Mark RS' 7.5"x17" Compomotives on.

Suspension

Front - Koni shocks and springs
Fully polybushed
Grp A strut brace
Rear - Spax coilovers
Collins beam tightening kit
Uprated rear diff hanger

Transmission

AP racing 4 paddle clutch
Grp A adjustable cable
Reyland front diff plate

Body

Standard Moonstone Blue Cosworth

Interior

Standard Ford Leather
Autometer oil pressure/oil temp/boost gauges

P7270003.jpg

PA120050.jpg

PA120034.jpg

PA120036.jpg

PA120037.jpg

PA120038.jpg

PA120039.jpg

PA120041.jpg

PA120042.jpg

PA120048.jpg

PA120046.jpg

PA120052.jpg

PA120053.jpg

PA120051.jpg

PA120054.jpg

Future plans (if i don't sell!) are a BARA gearbox that even i will find hard to break lol, new wheels and bigger brakes all round. I'm considering going DTA or Pectel management and possibly going for a Harvey Gibbs engine.... Probably a 450bhp/430lbft T38 conversion. Or if i put a T4 on - over 500bhp:p

BAZRS2000

looks like a beast paul, any power figures or is that a secret lol, either way with that spec im sure it can really really go, lovely example and good luck with it mate

Burt

Marc

RMS Moderator
looks amazing, great spec.. however the wheels are not really suiting the car I dont think :grinning:

Paul RS

RMS Regular
OP
Paul RS
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Had the fuelling checked by Mr Gault last night and everything was confirmed to be very safe(y) He also was able to roughly confirm the power output is correct as well :grinning:

Paul RS

RMS Regular
OP
Paul RS
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
looks amazing, great spec.. however the wheels are not really suiting the car I dont think :grinning:

I know, not sure what to get though - i'll probably end up with MOs again! But thats a bit down the list, other things need done first.

Astroid

RMS Regular
Drives
Rb5 and c4
Tasty, Likin that color alot, nice spec as well lad she'd be quite the handfull in the wet :p

OLLIeCrX

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
saw it on sunday, lovely motor lad, health to enjoy.. new motor weekend it wasnt half! LOL

Paul RS

RMS Regular
OP
Paul RS
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
saw it on sunday, lovely motor lad, health to enjoy.. new motor weekend it wasnt half! LOL

Yup lol, new cars all round! Was very impressed by your RB5 Ollie (y) Rare and mint!

Mo's would look the part on it, go one then paul how many horsies are we talkin here lol

over 200 ;) in fact double that and your getting close :p

bob

RMS Regular
Looks great very clean and super straight, thats some spec list too bet it doesn't hang about!

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Shoulda put the pics up before the spec list, very standard/sleeperish lookin as u can get for a Cos till u get to that engine bay :laughing:

Not likin the wheels either but does look a bit unsuspecting that way.... Whats the expected power output???

Paul RS

RMS Regular
OP
Paul RS
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Having driven your car and mine, it really is hard to tell which would be faster. Mine 'feels' slower than yours, but the power delivery is totally different...

Paul RS

RMS Regular
OP
Paul RS
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Shoulda put the pics up before the spec list, very standard/sleeperish lookin as u can get for a Cos till u get to that engine bay :laughing:

Not likin the wheels either but does look a bit unsuspecting that way.... Whats the expected power output???

its specced for over 400bhp. It is around that measured on the accurate 'arse' dyno:p But it all depends what boost its running. I have no idea what it is as there is no gauge in the car. Should be holding around 28psi.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
its specced for over 400bhp. It is around that measured on the accurate 'arse' dyno:p But it all depends what boost its running. I have no idea what it is as there is no gauge in the car. Should be holding around 28psi.

Wow thats some goin paul 28 psi must be mad lol, ull have to take me a spin next time im down man(y)

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Lovely motor, I have a newfound appreciation for these cars since my bro got his. Health to enjoy (y)

Gaz

Paul RS

RMS Regular
OP
Paul RS
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
There's something about cossie boost lol, it's like a drug!

Paul RS

RMS Regular
OP
Paul RS
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
thats what makes it shiny :p

@Bob clear your inbox chum, i can't reply to your PM!

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
cossie boost is proper boost, a little lag then it all goes blurry!!

fookin lovely, one of the first fast cars i wa sin when i was a nipper... thats where it all started, i'd be careful wi pics of summat like that and street signs in the back ground, i know if they want it they'll find out where ur from but why make it easy for em!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.