greenlight disaster

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

carslover

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi a5 cabriol
hi there everyone.

suppose to collect my new car this week, so i decided to call greenlight and check on my qoute with them,
i'm 22 with 4 ncb been driving for 4 year, and the qoutaion i got from them was around 1300 for a z4 bmw 2.5si... which is pretty sound..#

but when i called today, they refuse to issued thew qoutaion, becaus ein the past i had done so many qoutation check with my name but with different ncb

now am stuggling to find a insuer

wonder what can u people suggest to help me

thanks

carslover

RMS Regular
OP
C
Drives
Audi a5 cabriol
i tried... but they never do anything good as greenlight...
the best i got sooo for is 2500 from endsleigh,,, but that is a bit too much compared to greenlight

do anyone ever cover with them before since they r soooo talking ****

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
best bet is perhaps to try and speak to tony see if he can follow it up for you.

Gammble

RMS Regular
In my experience with greenlight, they keep quite good records / notes on individual customers (probably aided by the fact that it seems to be more of a manual system for pricing than an automated one from what I could gather) which is probably how they are able to justify decisions like that.

I always had great dealings with them until a fairly recent policy that I took out and without going into detail I wasn't overly impressed with the situation I was left in after speaking with them on the phone.

However I must add that I contacted Tony directly and to be fair to him he did offer to do all that he could to right the situation and I couldn't have asked for more from him, and up until that point I had always had very positive phonecalls with them for quotes and a previous policy. Although I did decide to take my business elsewhere it wasn't really through choice but more because the situation I found myself in with paperwork lost in the post etc

So in essence my advice would be to send Tony a pm on here or ask for a call from him and they might be able to work something out. Unlike most other companies they do seem to have that "personal touch" that the rest of the market lacks.

Gammble

RMS Regular
If you look in the legal section he's authored a few threads on behlaf of greenlight, his username is Tonay@greenlight or something like that on here and from memory he's one of the partners in the business.

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
Odd to hear of bad dealing with greenlight, i'm sure mad bad stoned to the bone tone will sort you out. Still too dear for me tho, i'm 23 with 4years no claims too, got a good quote from them on my skyline, but quinn halved it for some odd reason, i'm sure they'll be called upon on my next car however!! Good luck.

carslover

RMS Regular
OP
C
Drives
Audi a5 cabriol
just sent a pm to tony, hopefully that he will get back asap..
thank for the help

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Hi Gary,

I'd be happy to look at this for you and hopefully get things back on track for you.

To be able to do so I will need to trace your applications, so can you PM me either your quotation reference number or your actual name, postcode & date of birth.

I'll check into this for you as soon as you can provide me the above.

Kind regards

Tony

hi there everyone.

suppose to collect my new car this week, so i decided to call greenlight and check on my qoute with them,
i'm 22 with 4 ncb been driving for 4 year, and the qoutaion i got from them was around 1300 for a z4 bmw 2.5si... which is pretty sound..#

but when i called today, they refuse to issued thew qoutaion, becaus ein the past i had done so many qoutation check with my name but with different ncb

now am stuggling to find a insuer

wonder what can u people suggest to help me

thanks

therock

RMS Regular
TBF i've only tried greenlight within the last 24 hours for an mr2 turbo

Less than £700, which is less than half the price of anywhere else (y)

very impressed

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Hi Gammble,

Thanks for giving the sound advice.

As you have identified, whilst the actual transactions and documentation is automated a lot of our work relates to bespoke referrals to Underwriters to obtain terms.

This entails referral to the respective Underwriter and negotiating individual terms.

The problem with this is that the individuals we need to refer to are often mid/senior management (not just front line call centre staff) and are not always the easiest to get through to.

As part of the bespoke referral process Underwriters will review your record each time we apply and will look at your history manually, thus although this equates to a 'personal touch' and usually results in our being able to negotiate better terms by discussing with a person rather than a machine it does mean that they do sometimes take exception to 'tyre kickers' who require a high level of separate applications.

We do have cases where we have referred 15+ quotations to the respective Underwriter and whilst I do understand that people need to be able to know the cost of cover prior to buying a car, this is a bit excessive.

Ultimately, both Insurers and Brokers do provide free quotations but the referrals and assessments do take resources at both ends to handle.

In a manual referral environment inflated administration will equate to higher admin costs to the underwriters/brokers concerned and as a result they will usually either factor this into the quotation provided on the basis that it is likely that policy administration would be heavier than average for these cases, or may take the view that they would prefer not to continue providing quotations for numerous dream vehicles that never come to fruition.

Whilst I can see both sides of the argument, I do feel that most people would have a more defined choice (ie. one of three/four cars) when looking to buy.

Our front line staff here will take your details and look to present you in the best possible light to the respective Underwriter, but there are occasions where the Underwriters will refuse cover and we have to be the bearer of bad news.

As we obtain more Underwriters to offer cover within Northern Ireland this situation will undoubtedly improve, but in the meantime you could help us by being more targetted when applying for vehicle changes (if you're with us already and referring the likely changes together rather than in dribs and drabs.

If you have experienced a problem, or require quotations for several vehicles you can PM me directly with the details and i'll respond asap.

Doing this between us will help to present a better picture to Underwriters and is likely to result in better terms.

Kind regards

Tony

Ps. I will post this separately under a new thread as this is useful advice to all (whether the application is via Greenlight or any other broker/Insurer)

In my experience with greenlight, they keep quite good records / notes on individual customers (probably aided by the fact that it seems to be more of a manual system for pricing than an automated one from what I could gather) which is probably how they are able to justify decisions like that.

I always had great dealings with them until a fairly recent policy that I took out and without going into detail I wasn't overly impressed with the situation I was left in after speaking with them on the phone.

However I must add that I contacted Tony directly and to be fair to him he did offer to do all that he could to right the situation and I couldn't have asked for more from him, and up until that point I had always had very positive phonecalls with them for quotes and a previous policy. Although I did decide to take my business elsewhere it wasn't really through choice but more because the situation I found myself in with paperwork lost in the post etc

So in essence my advice would be to send Tony a pm on here or ask for a call from him and they might be able to work something out. Unlike most other companies they do seem to have that "personal touch" that the rest of the market lacks.

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
I carried out a quote and they never got back to me so not impressed

Hi Starlet,

Good news or not we always respond to every application, thus if you have not heard from us I would suggest that you first check your spam filter.

It may be that your filter would have either prevented or destroyed the e-mail as part of a clearance process when you log out/on to your inbox again.

We have experienced problems with spam filters and thus you will also note from our application form that we request a mobile number, as we send an sms/text to let you know that you application has processed.

The worst (or best, depending how you look at this) spam filters we encounter are involved with hotmail address, but as above - we always respond so if you havent heard simply contact us on 01277 263030 or PM me and i'll check & re-submit your quotation to you.

Kind regards

Tony

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Hi Dale,

I'm sure we spoke before, albeit ages ago and got on well.

We discussed 8-9 applications and also the possibility of adding your partner to the policy, which from memory ended well.

But from what you're saying you seem to still be unhappy, so if you can PM me more detail i'd appreciate it.

Many thanks & best regards

Tony

they give me that bollocks too, wasnt impressed with them so screw them i say

quinn no good?

carslover

RMS Regular
OP
C
Drives
Audi a5 cabriol
i used to be with tesco for my astra, but they wouldn't cover a convertible for my age

miniator

RMS Regular
Drives
'72 Mini
Hi Dale,

I'm sure we spoke before, albeit ages ago and got on well.

We discussed 8-9 applications and also the possibility of adding your partner to the policy, which from memory ended well.

But from what you're saying you seem to still be unhappy, so if you can PM me more detail i'd appreciate it.

Many thanks & best regards

Tony

maybe my comment of screw ya's was a little harsh, i take it back. your actually a pretty sound fellow.

Maxwell

Banned
i just got a quote there now from them for my new VW Passat W8 4Motion estate and they quoted me £922.70 Fully comp with 4 yrs ncb

i think thats an awesome quote tbh!

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
I think maybe once i didnt get a quote back but i think it cud have been down to, as Tony points out, the spam filter. Any quote i have gotten has been excellent.

the top of the range FTO was just over £500 if i remember correctly and i only had my license 2 years with 2 years NCB.

Quote for my Rallye was something very similar with the mods declared. Will definetly be going with Greenlight in April when the Rallye is ready (y).

Quinn had me @ £550 in my bog standard 1.4 16v 206. Just shows you how good Greenlight are.

Also what im sure all of us can see is that Tony makes a huge effort to talk to and try and sort out the problems members are having. Other insures couldnt care less.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.