Colm Quinn Galway International Rally / Clonakilty Blackpudding Irish Tarmac Championship Rd.1

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
No tv times out yet. On The Limit Sports haven't updated their website either.

Becs Williams is doing voiceover. [emoji52]

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
16320103757_c5815ab406_b.jpg

16504986862_a733810439_b.jpg

15883428804_26f551638e_b.jpg

16318552570_d0a1d8e158_b.jpg

16318549580_b0de7081dd_b.jpg

Last edited:

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Hopefully the coverage will be good. Maybe even RPM good. On The Limit generally know what they are at.

Great event, nice tight finish for 2nd and 3rd going to the very last stage. And good to see a new face in Donagh Kelly on the podium. Pace was fierce on occasions. Also refreshing to see a variety of cars - the DS3 R5, R5 Fiesta and the S2000 Fabia.

The modifieds/national was a walk over for the milkman. Some car and some drive though! Howlett was total entertainment while he lasted. The in-car of Rob Duggan in the Civic over Black Road is well worth a watch. I think he was fastest 2wd in quite tricky conditions.

Determined to have a video up in the next 24hrs. Been fiddling with the footage tonight. I'll crack on in the morning.

Hope the championship builds from this solid start.

Forza Irish Tarmac!!

Last edited:

jonspeed04

RMS Regular
Drives
Carlos Brennan
Is it just me or do the r5 fiesta seem tame to ds3 ? Far quieter etc I know noise doesn't equal speed but still seem a different class of car

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
The On The Limit coverage is scheduled for UTV on Friday 27th February at 23.40 (1hr programme). Appears in the planners as Irish Tarmac Rally Championship.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Top marks to On The Limit. That was a quality programme. The best rallying coverage of any description I have seen in a long time.

Such a boost for the Championship and a great advert for Irish rallying.

Last edited:

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Top marks to On The Limit. That was a quality programme. The best rallying coverage of any description I have seen in a long time.

Such a boost for the Championship and a great advert for Irish rallying.
Just catching it now, would certainly put it slightly ahead of RPM's coverage of said event in the past however technology has moved a lot since they last filmed in a major way which can be seen.

Also awesome to have an outsider on the commentary (well a non paddy would be more appropriate)

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Those 208's do not like the crests at speed, **** me yer man's navigator was right "fook me that was hairy" hats off to you @RCT know i know what you challenge lol

Also that was some thump Jenings gave the car also

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Just catching it now, would certainly put it slightly ahead of RPM's coverage of said event in the past however technology has moved a lot since they last filmed in a major way which can be seen.
Yeah agree. RPM were beginning to use drones and the like in their last year of coverage in 2013. But this is certainly way better than last year's coverage by Sports Vision and definitely better that anything I had seen On The Limit do in the past.

Also awesome to have an outsider on the commentary (well a non paddy would be more appropriate)
For channels like MotorsTV and Sky and export markets, definitely a big boost to have someone of the stature of Becs Williams on commentary duties. I'm sure she's instantly recognisable and carries a certain kudos. But I miss a bit of whispering Gary Gillespie telling me Donnelly's on an early morning charge.

Those 208's do not like the crests at speed, **** me yer man's navigator was right "fook me that was hairy"
From my viewpoint on the ditches, there's still nothing that handles bumps and jumps as poorly as a DS3 R3T. That said, Kevin Eves was on the door handles from the first stage and throwing that R2 about like a wild man. Kinda had the idea that he was treading a fine line between sheer speed or major wipeout. Entertaining nonetheless. I think theR2 class will be worth watching as the season unfolds. Some machine for the dry tar.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
aye Plum & Gary's dulcet tones were enjoyable however TK was just something else and glad she is not on the OTL films lol

RCT

RMS Regular
@Cess personally I dont think I'd ever drive an R3 ds3 after the history it's had. Problem is when your in them, the speed your carrying is very disceving. I was out a passenger test run with Bouffier when he was over for the ulster. I really don't like them.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I presume the DS3 R5 is a lot more balanced due to a lot more weight in the rear and the wider track?

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
It seems to take very little to unsettle the back end of a DS3 R3T; especially when they land after a jump. They really don't look planted at all. The R5 on the other hand, looks like a very well sorted machine.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
It seems to take very little to unsettle the back end of a DS3 R3T; especially when they land after a jump. They really don't look planted at all. The R5 on the other hand, looks like a very well sorted machine.

I am busting for a passenger scelp up the road in Greers one lol

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Best sounding rally car I have heard in a long, long time. I hope DGM sells plenty and Johnny gets to grips with his. In the right hands, on the right stages, a DS3 R5 will be at the sharp end. The videos of Meeke in Condroz last year were blinding.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Rubbish quality edit, but it's only for the fun of it.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Best sounding rally car I have heard in a long, long time. I hope DGM sells plenty and Johnny gets to grips with his. In the right hands, on the right stages, a DS3 R5 will be at the sharp end. The videos of Meeke in Condroz last year were blinding.

I can see Fisher in it for a few wrc rounds but who knows.

The car is for sale or hire first and foremost so the sooner it goes the sooner they buy another

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.