Colm Quinn Galway International Rally / Clonakilty Blackpudding Irish Tarmac Championship Rd.1

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
B4KoYmRIgAA083-.jpg:large

61 days to go to the 2015 Galway International Rally.

In 2007, Eugene Donnelly gave Marcus Gronholm and the Ford WRC team a run for their money, in a classic event:

Last edited:

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Was looking for accommodation there last week, Christ they know how to capitalise on events like this!

crautos

RMS Regular
Drives
e60
Plenty of room in the lorry or shuttle galway is always a wild weekend in that coyote bar

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
The season opener is nearly here, I don't know if its the usual pre-championship positivity, but its looking like this year has all the makings of a great championship.

10349013_336402429887104_4070948748901624783_n.jpg

Anyone going? With all the talk of snow this weekend this vid released by the motor club this week is very fitting.....

All the big runners are attending the season opener including 2 McGeehan Motorsport Minis ....... although, there is a distinct lack of s2000 machinery. There isnt as big of a modified contingent that Galway usually attracts, but the reigning modified champion Declan 'the Milkman' Gallagher in the unbelievably rapid Starlet and fellow Donegal man Brian Brogan in a MK11 will be among the front runners in the modified class bringing full racks of entertainment.

As an added bonus, there is even a German crew in a Porsche to bring a flat six noise into the main field and to get @Cess excited :p

10945637_335192820008065_4063455479590209465_n.jpg

10945038_335192816674732_2836918392288687636_n.jpg

Have a good one @RCT (y)

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Harking back to the heydays of irish rallying with 'teams' turning out for events at the start of the season this year.

The Moffetts Combilift fiestas at scrutiny and the Colm Quinn Minis on display in Galway City center, could be a great weekend if we get good team battles going on (y)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423240496.314305.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423240586.964558.jpg

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Looks like the old 2 litre WRCs are outgunning the new era cars.

Boyle had a problem before SS4 so dropped a lot of time.

Kelly solid but not spectacular

Boksic

RMS Regular
I don't think my photo skills will worry anyone.

Day 2, SS7 - Black Road. More Monte than Galway.

IMG_20150208_09311102.jpg
John the co pilot is a good mate of mine, good to see them doing well. Theyre entering some of the European rally events too he was saying.
Haven't been to Galway rally in years, would've liked to have been down, looked good craic!

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
It was good craic. I think I marshalled with John on the very first Rally Ireland in 2007. He was in the same hotel as me last year in Finland. Well recognised, though! I didn't think too many on RMS would know the difference in the two cars ;)

I have more pictures from the weekend that I might put up. They aren't that great though.

Boksic

RMS Regular
Yeah stick them up, maybe spark some interest with the others?
Aye the two cars are very similar, excellent graphics I think! I've been mates with that eejit since school, bought my current Civic off him so he could fund a track day car himself. Dunno how he behaved around you, but you should see that ****er dance when he's got beer in him.. Would make Michael flatly hold his head in shame :-P
I'll maybe make it to donegal!

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
It was good craic. I think I marshalled with John on the very first Rally Ireland in 2007. He was in the same hotel as me last year in Finland. Well recognised, though! I didn't think too many on RMS would know the difference in the two cars ;)

I have more pictures from the weekend that I might put up. They aren't that great though.

Stick them up.

Any idea when its on the box? Following rallys on Rallynews isnt the best.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.