'02 BMW E39 M5 - CARBON BLACK

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RevT

RMS Regular
From what I've learnt of shadow chrome it consists of a black primer layer and a silver top coat to get the right finish. Not hard to do but would need to be able to make sure they're all even.

Polishing Alloys did my 20" A8 wheels in shadow chrome too. I don't think its that rare?!

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
I think rim stock in England are the best bet, no one here can do it.
Do not, DO NOT, let rim stock loose on a set of m5 wheels.

Any wheels for that matter, but I have specific experience regarding m5 wheels and complete and total incompetence.

Jordy

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
Love E39 m5's would love to own one at some stage.....and that one looks like a cracker.

Good luck with the sale Jason (y)

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Just saw the for sale ad, these would have been a worth while investment a few years ago :worried:

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
Just saw the for sale ad, these would have been a worth while investment a few years ago :worried:
Hard to know, I was looking at them 5 years ago and the same car was still going to be the guts of 11k, given the up keep of them and now rarity they are doing ok.

BM-Rod

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5/VR6 GOLF
It's great to see the price of these now, only a few months ago similar condition M5's where 9k. Glad I kept mine, hope they keep going up in price. Good luck with the sale lad.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Fantastic cars these. Really stood the test of time. Looks like a lovely example.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Very Nice

What are these like to run? I have considered one as my daily driver for when I'm on leave in place of my Civic, but heard they can have issues with reliability, is there any truth in this?

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
Very Nice

What are these like to run? I have considered one as my daily driver for when I'm on leave in place of my Civic, but heard they can have issues with reliability, is there any truth in this?
No major issues with them beyond the basics! Was hitting low 30mpg on cruise to the port, though this soon became 15mpg in traffic

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
Well I didn't quite get to keep this one as long as I hoped for, was really wanting to keep till at least Sept to go to the BMW show in Carrickfergus. But she's heading for Kent tomorrow morning, quick shot of her sitting nice for the owners collection.

13483229_1185483011475527_6085435269107067338_o.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.