Wanted: 17" alloy wheel boxes, 4 of possible

rhythmeister

RMS Regular
Drives
BL5 B4/Eunos
Would anyone have any boxes lying about I could pinch to let me post a set of Rays across the Irish Sea?

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I posted wheels & tyres last week, i couldn’t get boxes big enough so used several layers of bubble wrap, then a few layers of cardboard overlapped on the faces, front and back, more bubble wrap and then several layers of pallet wrap and duct tape to secure. Parcelforce lifted them and They arrived perfect, it was easier than trying to make up boxes.

rhythmeister

RMS Regular
OP
rhythmeister
Drives
BL5 B4/Eunos
I posted wheels & tyres last week, i couldn’t get boxes big enough so used several layers of bubble wrap, then a few layers of cardboard overlapped on the faces, front and back, more bubble wrap and then several layers of pallet wrap and duct tape to secure. Parcelforce lifted them and They arrived perfect, it was easier than trying to make up boxes.
I was just going to make the boxes myself as Paisley Freight want wheels individually boxed and I want to make sure they're fully covered to their 4 figure value but hoped someone would know the whereabouts of some to save me the bother 😁 How much do Parcelfarce cover for out of interest?

Last edited:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
It said 150 a wheel or pay extra £6 for £200 a wheel. Doing them that way was actually more secure than trying to tape boxes together.

IMG_3310.jpeg

rhythmeister

RMS Regular
OP
rhythmeister
Drives
BL5 B4/Eunos
Parcelforce don't insure against car parts last time I looked - I've used them loads mind😂 But just took the chance
Paisley Freight will send the set for £65 covered to well over a grand but they want them boxed and bubble wrapped, they're only 7.5Kg each so shouldn't need too much wrapping I'd say!
It said 150 a wheel or pay extra £6 for £200 a wheel. Doing them that way was actually more secure than trying to tape boxes together.

View attachment 430984
That's how I received a set of wheels with tyres recently, Paisley won't cover them unless they're boxed by the look of it. They'd definitely be safer with tyres on 👌