My 8P Audi A3 S Line

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
Picked this up at the start of the month but haven't had a chance to get proper photo's as of yet, here are some from the dealership though.

It's a 2008 A3 S Line with full black leather, heated seats, Audi Concert sound system, one previous owner and a mere 49k on the clocks.

I have already debadged the tailgate, fitted some nice new mats with embroidered S Line logo's, removed the mudflaps and dropped in a set of H&R lowering springs which is a huge improvement over the somewhat "choppy" S Line springs. My only other plans really are to fit 10mm spacers front and rear and perhaps some pressed plates and refurbish the alloys (one previous lady owner... ***ahem*** (y) sorry ladies :p)

Other than that I'll just keep it mint and drive it :cool:

IMG_0286_zpsl4fo35pt.jpg

IMG_0288_zpsire0bugc.jpg

IMG_0287_zps6oqidxc2.jpg

IMG_0289_zpsaomdogam.jpg

IMG_0291_zpscl8vcgs8.jpg

Last edited:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Nice - a FBMFSW is retrofittable as well as cruise control and the RNSE sat nav unit - makes such a difference to the interior!

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
A petrol Audi? Are you mad.....? :p

Think after my experience with the Disastra I'm put off diesels for life

Looks great, is it a 122 or a 150?

126 I think these are, it's the 1.4 TFSI, I'm quite impressed with this engine to be honest, it's no rocketship but it does alright for what it is and it will do me rightly for the next few years (y)

Nice - a FBMFSW is retrofittable as well as cruise control and the RNSE sat nav unit - makes such a difference to the interior!

Don't tease :p

Wait until I suggest a 2 digit plate, oh wait! :eek:

Again.... :p

Have you been on Audi-sport net or whatever it's called.....

I've only had a quick nosey on there, this is the only forum I ever post on though

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Never mind all that steering wheel/nav business. I hope there are nicer mats hiding under those rubber ones :p

Lovely looking motor buddy. HTD :grinning:

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Never mind all that steering wheel/nav business. I hope there are nicer mats hiding under those rubber ones :p

Lovely looking motor buddy. HTD :grinning:

Was the very first thing I ordered (y) I think the rubber ones were just put in for the photo's as it had just been washed. I'll get some better photo's up when I get a spare minute. The new house is taking up all my time and money at the minute lol

Thanks very much (y):laughing:

Just landed on my desk (y) I swore by this stuff on my old Nighthawk black EP3 so ordered a new bottle
FullSizeRender_zps3xvv6vel.jpg

and ordered some of this to try out, always loved the 476S so hoping this is as good if not better

Looks good enough to me :laughing:
collinite_9151_zpslhodyngu.jpg

Last edited:

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
I've only had a quick nosey on there, this is the only forum I ever post on though
Don't be quick to discard it, there are many benefits on the Audi forum, discount on all dealership amenities and invites to exclusive drive day events, but to name a few ;)

Lovely motor (y)

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Don't be quick to discard it, there are many benefits on the Audi forum, discount on all dealership amenities and invites to exclusive drive day events, but to name a few ;)

Lovely motor (y)

Think I have registered but and nosey'd at a few threads but that's as far as I've got

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Thankyou :laughing: They're 50mm springs but with it being an S Line it only dropped it about 25-30mm lower than standard. It's just a nice height I think. Doesn't look broken like some do lol Needs a set of spacers to get it looking just right now

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Thankyou :laughing: They're 50mm springs but with it being an S Line it only dropped it about 25-30mm lower than standard. It's just a nice height I think. Doesn't look broken like some do lol Needs a set of spacers to get it looking just right now

Looks perfect bud. Spacers will finish it off .

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
The A3 is a lovely shape car, always liked them. Springs have definitely helped the look of the car, you any plans to change the wheels?

I like the ones on it personally but there was someone one here selling genuine new CHs at great money.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
I'm not sure it'll settle much more than that @Coog, they were 2nd hand springs and I've already racked up a few hundred miles in the past week, I'd say that's them settled in now (y)

The A3 is a lovely shape car, always liked them. Springs have definitely helped the look of the car, you any plans to change the wheels?

I like the ones on it personally but there was someone one here selling genuine new CHs at great money.

Nope I quite like the ones on it. Would love a set of Pescara's or similar but unfortunately I've a house to pay for now so those kinda things get put on the back burner almost indefinitely these days (n) I'm happy with it as it is, they just need a refurb as they've had 7 years of some bint grinding them against kerbs by the looks of things 8-(

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
I'm not sure it'll settle much more than that @Coog, they were 2nd hand springs and I've already racked up a few hundred miles in the past week, I'd say that's them settled in now (y)

Nope I quite like the ones on it. Would love a set of Pescara's or similar but unfortunately I've a house to pay for now so those kinda things get put on the back burner almost indefinitely these days (n) I'm happy with it as it is, they just need a refurb as they've had 7 years of some bint grinding them against kerbs by the looks of things 8-(
Refurb the wheels a nice hyper silver and it will complent the car more when refurbed (y)(y)

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
You really can't beat a clean black car, even if they are a nightmare to keep that way lol

It's sitting really well on those springs now.

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
Looks lovely, almost exactly like mine, when i got mine last year, 2007, 47K miles, one lady owner! As boydie has said FBMFSW makes all the difference to the interior and how the car feels after driving.

I've been toying with the idea of fitting a RS4 start button to mine recently just to give me something to do over the summer!

Looking at your pics again, your arse must have been roasting the day you took them, you had the heated seat set to 5 :p

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
You really can't beat a clean black car, even if they are a nightmare to keep that way lol

It's sitting really well on those springs now.

Total pain in the arse, heartbreaking almost lol keep saying no more black cars but this is my 4th now. My Collinite No. 915 Carnauba Wax just arrived in the post, can't wait to get some of that lashed onto her (y)

Looks lovely, almost exactly like mine, when i got mine last year, 2007, 47K miles, one lady owner! As boydie has said FBMFSW makes all the difference to the interior and how the car feels after driving.

I've been toying with the idea of fitting a RS4 start button to mine recently just to give me something to do over the summer!

Looking at your pics again, your arse must have been roasting the day you took them, you had the heated seat set to 5 :p

Where would you put the RS4 start button?

I didn't take those first pics, the dealership did, those were off their website when I spotted the car for sale (y) that was promptly turned right down to zero when I took receipt lol

Any pics of yours?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.