Audi A6 S Line

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
I was toying with the idea of selling the A5 for some time as the mileage was getting quite high and when my mechanic unexpectedly said he suspectef the flywheel could be beginning to show signs of crapping itself I knew it was time to say goodbye. A buyer ended up coming from Tralee for it last Saturday so the wheels were in motion to find a replacement.

image.jpg

I was torn between an auto E class coupe with auto, full leather, pano roof and low mileage and an A6 S line with decent spec with sensible miles. Getting either of these proved to be tricky enough for sensible money.

A quick trawl of autotrader last Sunday turned up with this car. Spoke with the buyer at length and decided I'd go for it. So flights were booked and headed to the airport on Friday after school.

It's a 2012 2.0 TDI 177 PS in Quartz Grey with anthracite valcona leather and 20" RS6 wheels. 33k on the clock and only serviced 3k ago. New P-Zeros all round and wheels just after a refurb.

I thought the a5 was a nice car to drive (it still is to be fair) but driving this made me realise that with the miles it was a bit tired.

Anyway pics below, very impressed with the spec and the interior is quite something else IMO.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 61

RevT

RMS Regular
I was just admiring two I saw yesterday in this exact colour, absolutely love them and mentioned to the girlfriend that they could do us as a family motor in a few years time.. Lovely Odhran, health to drive.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Very nice!! Colour is v classy

What miles were racked up on the a5 outta interest

Odhran

RMS Regular
OP
Odhran
Drives
A5 Sportback
Very nice!! Colour is v classy

What miles were racked up on the a5 outta interest

Was 115k when I sold it. Bought it at 3 year old with 100k and to be honest I didn't get enjoyment from it because in the back of my head I was always worried about mileage vs resale value.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Too many a4's getting felt styled is killing their appeal!! 6 is a much nicer and better value for money imo wish the Mrs had went for a 6 sline avant instead of four

Was the a5 the 170 diesel?

Odhran

RMS Regular
OP
Odhran
Drives
A5 Sportback
Too many a4's getting felt styled is killing their appeal!! 6 is a much nicer and better value for money imo wish the Mrs had went for a 6 sline avant instead of four

Was the a5 the 170 diesel?

It was the 143 model. Actually think the 170 is more efficient.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
STUNNING! really like these, much nicer than the a4s, but quite a bit more expensive!
love the colour and interior! Enjoy

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Such a good looking car, can't help think it would be more suited to an auto box though?

Hope you told the new owner of the A5 about it up coming problems....:p

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Lovely big cruiser, can't help but think it would suit the S-tronic box better.

Odhran

RMS Regular
OP
Odhran
Drives
A5 Sportback
Such a good looking car, can't help think it would be more suited to an auto box though?

Hope you told the new owner of the A5 about it up coming problems....:p

Yeah we came to an arrangement over parts / labour. Wouldn't have it on my conscience.

Odhran

RMS Regular
OP
Odhran
Drives
A5 Sportback
My clutch / flywheel curse struck again. When I bought the car one thing that really stuck out was the warranty document from Birmingham Audi at 18 months old / 18k miles saying that the owner brought the car in noting a judder from the clutch in first gear. Clutch, flywheel and release bearing replaced. Cost? Nigh on £2.5k!

Initially I was shocked that it had been replaced at such a young age but I also felt relieved that it was done before my ownership and a potential big issue out of the way.

Fast forward a few months and the dreaded clutch judder when pulling off became more and more apparent (20k after first clutch was changed.) I contacted Belfast Audi who confirmed that the warranty on the clutch and flywheel replacement has expired, I registered my dissatisfaction that a £2.5k repair can fail again after 2.5 years / 20k and asked what the chances would be of goodwill from Audi. The service advisor suggested I booked the car in for a diagnostic report at £250 where a file would be compiled and sent off to Audi. I decided that the judder was very irritating and gambled on sending it to them with the hope of something positive coming from it. So I booked it in for last Wednesday. I was working so my father took it up. A technician took it a run and agreed that a judder was present and said a new clutch, flywheel and release bearing would be the only fix. +o(:sob:

The service advisor (Johnny) spoke with the business manager and we came to an amicable arrangement where I would commit to buying a service plan and a 2 year warranty and Agnews would pay to fix the problem. Total cost to me approx £1k. :oops:

An unexpected bill but I realise that it could potentially have been much worse (£2.5k like the last time) and I now have the benefit of having a 2 year comprehensive warranty and my next 2 services are paid for.. Think positive.. Think positive..

In other news my courtesy car was a 2016 A5 cabriolet. Quite a nice car, just the wrong time of year. Was quite pleased to get back into my A6 though I must admit. The thing that amazes me though is the fact you can get a 2009 one of these for £30k less and you will have the exact same interior. Should have maybe facelifted the interior at the time of the exterior facelift.

image.jpg

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
20k miles is all the clutch lasted? That's ridiculous! Does that warranty cover clutches, thought they'd use the old wear and tear line. And 20k in 2.5 years maybe a petrol would have been a safer bet.

Odhran

RMS Regular
OP
Odhran
Drives
A5 Sportback
20k miles is all the clutch lasted? That's ridiculous! Does that warranty cover clutches, thought they'd use the old wear and tear line.

There's the usual 2 year warranty on the parts fitted and they would be covered under the new warranty that I bought too apparently.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Good result in fairness, two years warranty alone must be about £1k on its own, nevermind the £2.5k clutch/DMF kit!

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
There's the usual 2 year warranty on the parts fitted and they would be covered under the new warranty that I bought too apparently.
I'd be triple checking the small print if it's anything like Bmws warranty.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Did alright there on the warranty / clutch deal!

I've grown quite keen on that style of a6... no chance of a s6 v8tt version heading my way though :-(

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.