1988(ish) ford sierra 2.0 GL

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Loggie

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra
1988(ish) ford sierra 2.0GL

Anyone know much about these? Spied a standard one sitting while driving by and next time I'm down that direction might have a look at it,

- Is this an auto version or manual or did they come in both?
-if auto is it a big job to convert?
-plan would be strip it and use for a diff/drift car, would it have enough power to do the likes of aghadowey?

As said just saw it in passing and wondering if I should bother asking about it, if it was very cheap would it be worth getting for the above purpose?

Don't know much about sierra specs so any help appreciated. I know it's not gonna have the power of an m3 etc obviously just looking something cheap to mess about with

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
depends on what it is really
hatch or sapphire ( sapphires are worth that bit more )
tax or text
any rust/rot ( they like to rust an rot )

Loggie

RMS Regular
OP
Loggie
Drives
Sierra
It's a hatch, southern car but tax/test isn't important as it wouldn't be seeing the road again.
Rust/rot; not sure, probably! Haha .

Marty Lad

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
Not sure what engine is in a 2.0 GL, but if it's not the injected DOHC then forget about it. The 2.0 sierras come with a pinto and a carbed DOHC as well. Good car for starting out but it'd want to be cheap i.e £400 or less.

Loggie

RMS Regular
OP
Loggie
Drives
Sierra
If I went to look what's the easiest way of telling what engine it has (excuse my lack of knowledge). Yeah that's the sort of money I'd be spending. Cheap and cheerful

RevT

RMS Regular
You'll want the injection engine instead of the carbed one. You'll know yourself once you look under the bonnet whether it is carbed or the EFI system.

Marty Lad

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
If I went to look what's the easiest way of telling what engine it has (excuse my lack of knowledge). Yeah that's the sort of money I'd be spending. Cheap and cheerful
Pintos are SOHC; If it's dohc and injected its the one to go for

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
DOHC

2_0_DOHC_EFI.jpg

Pinto

1984_ford_sierra-pic-4353378260167838715.jpeg

Loggie

RMS Regular
OP
Loggie
Drives
Sierra
Hopefully get a chance to look at it this week. On a side note iv also spotted a completely standard red 3 door boxy starlet a couple of streets over. 1988. What are these wee cars like? Cool retro looking thing.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.