2005 NHB Civic Type R Premier - NOW FOR SALE

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
The problem with Greenlight was I had no 'performance' experience. I'm with Axa and they quoted me around £500 on a stanard car but wouldn't touch any with coilovers. They said they could possibly cover lowering depending on the car, but definitely not on a Honda Civic.

Ah right ok. Don't know then, insurance companies can pick and choose. They really ought to catch on that lowering a car's centre of gravity (within reason of course) will make it safer on the roads than a standard car (excluding those hillbillies that lower with a grinder or run car's ridiculously low).

Good car that. I look after that whole family's cars down here. Previous owner gave that absolutely no abuse at all

Yeah James told me :grinning: I can tell he gave it no abuse, there are hardly any signs of wear and tear inside or out. Engine bay needs a bit of attention though lol but I'll get round to that soon enough

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
Aye he wasn't really a polisher kinda guy but at the same time he didn't abuse the thing. Just drove it normally and serviced it kinda thing.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Yeah I know what you mean. Good to hear a bit of background history from someone else that knows the car (y)
Well it'll be kept fairly original and cleaned regularly. Leaving it down with @ferrett after I get paid to get buffed (y) Considering he wasn't a polisher kinda guy the paint is in very good order for a 9 year old car.

56oval

RMS Regular
what sort of mpg do they return, in just sort of every day driving. Commuting, shopping trips etc.

Looks a good one

I could just about manage 280 miles on a tank, but a lot of that would have been motorway and a heck of a lot of hard driving, best (most reliable car ive ever had) mine was nighthawk and a nightmare to keep clean, just my personal preference but i love the look of them as they left the factory, they don't need touched.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
I could just about manage 280 miles on a tank, but a lot of that would have been motorway and a heck of a lot of hard driving, best (most reliable car ive ever had) mine was nighthawk and a nightmare to keep clean, just my personal preference but i love the look of them as they left the factory, they don't need touched.

Sounds about the same as I got in my last one. Yeah they are a nightmare to keep clean but when they're clean :laughing:

I will try and get some proper daylight pics this Saturday at the Lurgan Park Rally, although a bit 'arty' these ones don't really show much detail

Last edited:

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Quite a small update but decided to replace the slightly aged Type R boot badge with a brand spanking new badge from Honda (y)

DSC00363_zps36acd696.jpg

Plus a bit of a wash for tomorrow's rally at Lurgan Park (y)

AndyG

RMS Regular
Lovely car mate, I just ordered my last badge from lings.. If the prices are the same roughly then I feel sorry for your bank balance lol

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Thanks Andy :grinning: Better pics to follow. Think it was roughly around £18, quite enough for a badge but hey, gotta keep it original (y)

Sonny

RMS Photographer
There's more on FB dude, the top one I posted is one of my favourites I've taken. My neck is roasted lol, would be good to see what Vtec is all about :grinning:

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
PM me a link to your facebook page and I'll go have a nosey. Not the fastest of car's I've driven but they're great fun to drive and with a decent suspension setup they're even better. Will hopefully have that sorted in the coming weeks so I'll get you out for a spin then (y)

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
suspension sorted, wheels refurbed and decent set of tires is all this motor needs ;)

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Thanks :grinning: Springs are ordered, should have them tomorrow evening, already have the front camber bolts sitting, just need to get adjustable rear camber arms before fitting it all and getting the fast road setup done (y) Tyres and wheel refurb will be next on the list. Have already spoken to Polishedalloys about the refurb. Going to freshen up the calipers too with some cherry red paint too (y)

Sonny

RMS Photographer
PM me a link to your facebook page and I'll go have a nosey. Not the fastest of car's I've driven but they're great fun to drive and with a decent suspension setup they're even better. Will hopefully have that sorted in the coming weeks so I'll get you out for a spin then (y)
Should come up if you search SJKG, on my phone atm so can't copy a link

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.