2005 NHB Civic Type R Premier - NOW FOR SALE

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
After recently parting with the scooby last week I came across this 05 model Civic Type R Premier for sale in Carrickergus. I hadn't originally planned on another EP3 but when I saw this one it was just too good to turn away so I took it there and then.

The previous owner had it for 6 years, full history and was serviced by AI Autosport for 3 of those, loads of receipts and low miles for the year. Don't think it got much use given the mileage and overall condition as it's probably one of the cleanest examples I've seen in a long time. This was a relatively untouched example with only a couple of mods done such as the Hondata airbox mod, K&N panel filter, braided brake lines and Spoon N1 copy backbox.

Took it down to @ferrett tonight to get the headlights buffed as they were a bit cloudy. Stopped to take a few pics on the way home

20140623_210539_zpsc8465e53.jpg

20140623_210521_zpse29efb07.jpg

20140623_210528_zps96ee4ff8.jpg

20140623_210603_zpsd958cf19.jpg

20140623_210644_zpsc6f309f1.jpg

20140623_210633_zpsa92672af.jpg

20140623_215223_3_bestshot_zpse6928adf.jpg

20140623_215334_2_bestshot_zpse8342d08.jpg

20140623_215354_5_bestshot_zpsa69ef7c4.jpg

No before pics, but they were fairly bad.... here's how they turned out

20140623_214201_zps6da0c892.jpg

IMG-20140623-WA0002_zpsee1b0f0e.jpg

Plans are:

30mm Apex springs (Done)
Eibach camber correction bolts (Done)
Adjustable rear camber arms (Done)
JDM rear anti-roll bar
Fit some new mats (Done)
Black alcantera gear gaitor (Done)
Replace the rear Type R badge with a brand new genuine item (Done)
Refurb the alloys (Done)
Respray the front bumper as there is a little bit of road rash
Replace the crap tyres as they're truly the worst I've ever driven on
DOT5.1 brake fluid
New grooved discs and uprated pads
Some nice new headlight bulbs

Last edited:

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Health to enjoy, such fabulous cars! Nigel did his usual magic then, he saved my headlights as well on the ep3!

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
what sort of mpg do they return, in just sort of every day driving. Commuting, shopping trips etc.

Looks a good one

AC

RMS Regular
Looks like a great example Gary, nice one! Health to enjoy mate.

@Eager, about 35-36 driving like miss daisy. Around 26-30ish mixed driving.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Health to enjoy, such fabulous cars! Nigel did his usual magic then, he saved my headlights as well on the ep3!

Yeah he did a pretty good job (y) Going to leave the car down to him when I get paid for a good polish

Looks great Gaz!! You can get me a run out on Friday :p

Thanks Craig, no bother :p

what sort of mpg do they return, in just sort of every day driving. Commuting, shopping trips etc.

Looks a good one

Depends how you drive it. If you're sensible they're actually pretty good, within reason of course.

Looks like a great example Gary, nice one! Health to enjoy mate.

@Eager, about 35-36 driving like miss daisy. Around 26-30ish mixed driving.

Thanks mate :grinning: is a very good example and doesn't seem to have been abused like most. Still enjoying the scoob? Make sure you keep her clean now ;)

AC

RMS Regular
The scoob is loving my wallet! Have a few bits and pieces planned so will get a thread up in the next week or so :grinning:

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
The scoob is loving my wallet! Have a few bits and pieces planned so will get a thread up in the next week or so :grinning:

Looking forward to it (y) Hoping a big fat 3" system and JGM remap is on the list :p This weather would be an opportune time to get it fully undersealed if you have access to ramps. I'd planned to take it to AI and get it done when the good weather came in. Keep those arches good n clean too (y)

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
I can't understand how people got those mpg of them lol. Short journeys around the town on daily returned me 180miles to the tank and NO I didn't vtec everywhere. Motorways returned 240-280.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
I can't understand how people got those mpg of them lol. Short journeys around the town on daily returned me 180miles to the tank and NO I didn't vtec everywhere. Motorways returned 240-280.

I've no idea exactly what figures I'm getting tbh, have only put £30 of petrol in it since I got it. Short journeys will always use more though. I just try not to do short journeys whenever possible, in fact I usually walk to work (Finaghy to Stranmillis) since there's not much point in driving such a short distance, plus it's not good for the car.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Well at least you live up to your name on here LOL!!!

Nice mate, one of the last proper Vtec's, the FN2 TR was not as aggressive as the lump in the EP3 TR

the premier is the deffo the one to get in the EP3, has all the facelift bits and doesn't look as aged as the pre-facelifts, they come with better interior bits too

Is she finished in nighthawk black? I love them in that colour and cosmic grey

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Well at least you live up to your name on here LOL!!!

Nice mate, one of the last proper Vtec's, the FN2 TR was not as aggressive as the lump in the EP3 TR

the premier is the deffo the one to get in the EP3, has all the facelift bits and doesn't look as aged as the pre-facelifts, they come with better interior bits too

Is she finished in nighthawk black? I love them in that colour and cosmic grey

I've never driven an FN2, still warming to the styling of them, the EK9 and EP3 would be the only 2 shapes I would have.

Yes definitely is, hence why I couldn't pass this one up. Yes this is nighthawk black, so was my last one too if you remember it

gedc0068_zpscb05bb74.jpg

gedc0082_zpse2594934.jpg

gedc0081_zpsaff319e1.jpg

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
EP3's are hard to beat - I just couldn't warm to the dash mounted gearstick

I considered an FN2 in the past, but I found they felt quite tame compared to previous Vtec's and the view out the rear wasn't great, the EP3 premier is one to go for IMO

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
EP3's are hard to beat - I just couldn't warm to the dash mounted gearstick

I considered an FN2 in the past, but I found they felt quite tame compared to previous Vtec's and the view out the rear wasn't great, the EP3 premier is one to go for IMO

You soon get used to it. Your hand doesn't really have to move far from the wheel to change gears either (y)

The FN2 is a lot more modern looking but I felt it lost the essence of the Type R and the handling was compromised with the torsion beam suspension (n) The FN2 seats were nice though.

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
lovely example gary . cant wait to give it a good going over tidy tidy ep3 there

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
lovely example gary . cant wait to give it a good going over tidy tidy ep3 there

Thanks Nigel :laughing:

Just got a wee delivery :grinning: My Eibach camber correction bolts (y) Roll on pay day so I can get the suspension sorted :party:

IMG_6466_zpsc0d01faf.jpg

Shame Tenzo R don't do the springs I had in my pre-facelift any more (n) Had Apex's in the last 3 cars and thought they were good and not over-priced. Bit of trivia for those considering them, Apex springs are made in Holland using similar steel and formed on the same cold coiling machines as Eibach and H&R.

RolyaT

RMS Regular
Drives
people mad
Looks good mate, identical to my own which is a premier also, hope you enjoy it, I love the seats . I have seen as much as 350 miles to a tank in mine!

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Nice Gary. Really like the seats in these. Looks in great condition. Enjoy.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
@GazEP3 Looks mint!(y) Mine too is an '05 premier but mine has the that stonechip affect through it:worried: Lol

Jealous mine isn't that clean lol

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Really nice!

I was close to buying one myself recently until I ran into problems insuring it. I'm almost 32 with full NCB and nobody would touch me on anything other than a totally standard car. Even Flux were embarrassed and really apologetic quoting me £4k! There must be a lot of Civics out there with undeclared mods (I'm in no way suggesting you fall under this BTW).

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Looks like a very clean example, I never did get why people look after their car so well then put rubbish tyres on it!!

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Thanks for the comments folks.

Really nice!

I was close to buying one myself recently until I ran into problems insuring it. I'm almost 32 with full NCB and nobody would touch me on anything other than a totally standard car. Even Flux were embarrassed and really apologetic quoting me £4k! There must be a lot of Civics out there with undeclared mods (I'm in no way suggesting you fall under this BTW).

Did you try Greenlight? That's who I've insured this with, same with my old Type R too. I'm 32 with full NCB and no points. Great bunch of lads and very helpful when it comes to adding modifications, couldn't recommend them enough (y)

@Mel I know, they look brand new so I'm guessing they were fitted purely to get it legal to sell. They'll not be staying on the car for long (y)

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
The problem with Greenlight was I had no 'performance' experience. I'm with Axa and they quoted me around £500 on a stanard car but wouldn't touch any with coilovers. They said they could possibly cover lowering depending on the car, but definitely not on a Honda Civic.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.