2007 Vectra 1.8vvt sri

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Alan212

RMS Regular
Drives
Vx Insignia sri
Hi folks just looking to seek abit of info on this sri vectra. I was going to buy it but the petrol factor is putting me off. is there anyone out there who has got the same model who could tell me how much they miles they are getting for their money. I know that it depends on how you drive it and where but am just looking some guidance on it.

Many thanks

_Stu_

RMS Regular
Dad has one, gets about 35mpg iirc, it really is dead though, too underpowered for the size of car. The 1.9 CDTi would be a better choice IMO.

Alan212

RMS Regular
OP
Alan212
Drives
Vx Insignia sri
When you say underpowerd in which way do you mean that?

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
Vectras are heavy cars. The 1.8 just feels sluggish.

_ZS_

Drives
Mondeo, i30, MF1
I had one. When it went, it went very well. Rolling roaded on AI's rollers at 161hp totally standard on Tesco fuel with 16k on the clock. I'd still have it if a certain Vx garage hadn't wrecked the engine while trying to fix a tiny oil leak.

I got 37mpg average out of mine doing Dundonald to Antrim, so that's 5 miles of stop-start and then 20 miles of scalded cat motorway. Key to getting a bit of speed out of them is drive them like a VTEC. There's 8000rpm of rev range to use, and they really do go better over 4k, cam changes at about 6500rpm too, so they pull all the way to the red line.

I would definitely have another, long before I'd have a 1.9CDTI Vectra. I think I'd have one again before another Mondeo too.

Try and get one with the satnav - not only is the stereo better, you get the fancier onboard computer. Brakes can struggle if you're ragging a bit, but it's a cheap and easy upgrade to the 302mm V6 brakes, or the 345mm VXR ones if you've got 18" wheels.

_ZS_

Drives
Mondeo, i30, MF1
Vectras are heavy cars. The 1.8 just feels sluggish.

They're similar weight to Astra Sporthatch, and they come with a 1.4 16v....

The Vectra is sold in Europe with the 100hp 1.6 16v, and they were also supplied with the 2.0DTi for years. The 140+hp 1.8VVT makes a huge difference.

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
They're similar weight to Astra Sporthatch, and they come with a 1.4 16v....

The Vectra is sold in Europe with the 100hp 1.6 16v, and they were also supplied with the 2.0DTi for years. The 140+hp 1.8VVT makes a huge difference.

Mines a 144bhp 2.2 sri, and it still feels heavy, hate to think what the 1.6 would be like.

Revogti

RMS Regular
Drives
????
I've driven all types of veccy in my last job, the 1.8VVT is alright..not exactly going to set the world on fire and certainly didnt feel like 161bhp i suppose they are grand as an entry level engine, but they are such an awful drive in comparison to a newish Mazda 6 or Mondeo.

I would honestly go for the 8v 120bhp cdti, if a veccy is your thing.

coogsyrsv

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 5er..YAM R1!
i know of 2 2 year old, owned from new 1.9vvt sri vectra, struggling to get 25 - 30mpg! easy driving, 110miles to 20quid t best!

_ZS_

Drives
Mondeo, i30, MF1
SRi have different suspension compared to the rest, which makes them nearly as good as a standard Mondeo. Vectra is more comfortable on the motorway than the Mondeo, the Mondeo is better on everything else.

Surprise someone's only getting 25-30mpg, as I said I drove the crap out of mine, 3rd gear overtakes on the motorway and sitting in traffic for 30 mins a day, and got 37mpg over the 8 months I had it.

Revogti

RMS Regular
Drives
????
It really shows how bad a handling thing they are when the top spec VXR was all over the show on topgears test track. The prefacelift cars are nicer looking than the facelift cars IMO

_ZS_

Drives
Mondeo, i30, MF1
It really shows how bad a handling thing they are when the top spec VXR was all over the show on topgears test track.

Shame the one on the Top Gear test track was a pre-production car, with Opel spec SRI suspension, and they'd turned of the ESP and TC and purposely induced understeer.

The VXR you'd buy in the UK will not handle in any way similarly to the stunt performed by Wiggy Clarkson, who has been a Vectra hater since day one.

Look on Youtube and you'll see lots of videos showing how the VXR Vectra really handles. You'll find it's really quite different to how Clarkson made out.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.