2010 Jaguar XFR

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Update

So after countless time wasters and crap offers the mighty Jag is still with me.

Ive decided to strip the car of the Springs and Spacers and sell it at a more competitive price of £19,995

Anyone interested hit me with a PM, price is pretty much FIRM.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
That sounds amazing!

Cheers mate took ages to get it right lol ... I've never had so many variations of Pipes tested and removed ... J, X, H, Y etc lol

I've had three different people say it sounds like a Koenigsegg when its up the revs ... so ill take that as a big compliment :grinning:

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
That does sound good! How it's not sold though. I'm feeling your pain with utter cretins whilst trying to sell the 335i.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
That does sound good! How it's not sold though. I'm feeling your pain with utter cretins whilst trying to sell the 335i.

Most people after a fast saloon car for 20k odds automatically go for BMW MERC AUDI

Very few people go to Jaguar, most guys that have enquired about it had never seen one before or knew about them. So id say its a victim of its own exclusivity ... Ill probably have to wait either for an enthusiast or someone who stumbles across it and wants it.

The joys of the private sale, thats what your up against especially in the 20k plus bracket.

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
interesting sound ... :grinning:
where is this advertised again?

thankfully I am not most ... none of those cars I have any interest in

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
I've had three different people say it sounds like a Koenigsegg when its up the revs ... so ill take that as a big compliment :grinning:

3 different people have heard your XFR and a Koenigsegg ? I've been around a lot of car collections in my day and I've only ever seen one Koenigsegg in the flesh! That's incredible!

In my opinion it would help the sale immensely if you took that exhaust off and put the standard one back on. A jaguar customer wants a quiet comfortable but fast saloon in my experience. If they wanted loud they'd buy a C63 or an M3 etc..

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Jeeez that sounds awesome Chris. GLWTS.
What about getting a dealer to advertise it on your behalf who could maybe offer finance?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
3 different people have heard your XFR and a Koenigsegg ? I've been around a lot of car collections in my day and I've only ever seen one Koenigsegg in the flesh! That's incredible!

In my opinion it would help the sale immensely if you took that exhaust off and put the standard one back on. A jaguar customer wants a quiet comfortable but fast saloon in my experience. If they wanted loud they'd buy a C63 or an M3 etc..

Well you would assume YouTube and topgear but as usual sure you read too much into the comments ... I highly doubt they have all heard them in real life lol However one has as he saw it at the Salon Prive show. Also not to pick holes in your logic but my XFR is louder than an M3 in standard form.

Exhaust stays so that's a no brainer ...

To everyone else thanks for the kind words ... someone will get a nice car for sure.

@nobby advertised on AT PH and forums.

Last edited:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Jeeez that sounds awesome Chris. GLWTS.
What about getting a dealer to advertise it on your behalf who could maybe offer finance?

Thanks mate. Only person that offers that service that id use would be Stefan, however J&F group do offer it however their fees are quite high so im happy enough to just plod along myself and try it privately. Its not an necessity for it to go it would just be nice not to have something of that value on the drive when we are moving house etc.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Great car, better looking that the competition in that same price range by a mile, with the rear end/quater panel of an Aston martin. I'm sure you'll be sad to see it go, GLWS.

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
Well you would assume YouTube and topgear but as usual sure you read too much into the comments ... I highly doubt they have all heard them in real life lol However one has as he saw it at the Salon Prive show. Also not to pick holes in your logic but my XFR is louder than an M3 in standard form.

Exhaust stays so that's a no brainer ...

To everyone else thanks for the kind words ... someone will get a nice car for sure.

@nobby advertised on AT PH and forums.

I wasn't getting at you I think it's a really lovely car. Just trying to offer a bit of advice to help the sale. A 'usual' XFR customer will run a mile when they hear that the car has been modified as they're generally not into cars as much as you or I.

Good luck and I'm sure you you will find a buyer soon.

You could maybe give Stefan @ Performance Cars NI a shout or even Hollybrook, they both offer a sale or return service with the option of finance and both are genuine petrol heads.

Peadar.

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
Sounds and looks great, if I was buying a car like that I would want to hear it. If I wanted something quiet I would buy a diesel.

Tell that to Rolls Royce. Diesel Jags are not fast unfortunately.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
I wasn't getting at you I think it's a really lovely car. Just trying to offer a bit of advice to help the sale. A 'usual' XFR customer will run a mile when they hear that the car has been modified as they're generally not into cars as much as you or I.

Good luck and I'm sure you you will find a buyer soon.

You could maybe give Stefan @ Performance Cars NI a shout or even Hollybrook, they both offer a sale or return service with the option of finance and both are genuine petrol heads.

Peadar.

My mistake, apologies, I thought you were having a dig, in that case I appreciate the advice but the exhaust has to stay. I had to sell the stock system as it was suffering from some of the common issues they have. Also id modified it.

To be fair the exhaust has been the biggest selling/talking point of the car with potential buyers, one guy had asked me about it and said he wanted something loud. I said it was louder than stock but not deafening, he actually went on to ask could he make it louder lol I guess its all just personal preference. I have stock mid boxes from the car in the shed if anyone wants to tone it down.

Hearing it in the flesh though you would wonder why anyone would. Its a big muscle car and suits the louder tone.

Stefan doesn't know much about performance Jags so didn't really want to take it on when its not something he was clued in about. Makes sense I suppose, as he'll be putting his finance and warranty against it.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Great car, better looking that the competition in that same price range by a mile, with the rear end/quater panel of an Aston martin. I'm sure you'll be sad to see it go, GLWS.

Spent all day Sunday cleaning the car and snapping some pictures with @Harry 's help and all it did was make me want to keep it. But im trying to get the sensible head on for the new house. The wife is worse than me she wants it to stay, she would borrow it the odd time for work and absolutely loves it lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.