2015/16 Audi A4

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Conor

RMS Regular
The rims would suggest it's a lower spec one, an SE or something. Any non-S-Line Audi barring the very latest ones don't look that great.

Interior looks bloody lovely.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
What's with the trend of ipad style infotainment screens? Looks like an afterthought and lets the rest of the interior down (the rest of the interior does look really well), Mercedes seem very fond of this at the minute too

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Mine is a 2012 car too. It really ruins the whole car for me to the point I hardly drive it anymore, just not sure what to change it to yet.

I had the a4 black edition and hated driving it. Totally ruined the experience of such a nice looking motor. Sold my feckin RS for it too :worried:

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Brennan will freak the bag at all you h8ers.
I was too busy mmmmmmblocking out the haters :p

tumblr_n8x619y3S31ts09ojo1_1405706446_cover.jpg

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
I quite like it, the inside is sublime, the outside is typically Audi. They always play it safe with the styling, which is why they nearly all look the same. I don't like the door mounted mirrors, they look cheap.

I think overall it looks better than a C-Class, what is up with the back end of those?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Most things look better than a C-Class though.

Interior is fantastic, especially the tan leather of that avant.

The outside of fairly dire though. I'd say this is the closest 1 yet to the out going model. They are extremely similar.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
What's with the trend of ipad style infotainment screens? Looks like an afterthought and lets the rest of the interior down (the rest of the interior does look really well), Mercedes seem very fond of this at the minute too

The screen folds away when the car is turned off.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Looks no different to me on the outside. Last Audi I set my ass in was an Audi 80 so can't comment on the interior changes though I'm sure they've changed a bit since then.

Last edited:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
They have always been a bit of an uninspired choice by the image conscious. It's rare to see anyone that actually likes driving buy one, aside from perhaps an RS or the likes. It's about time they produced a decent steer but in all honesty it probably won't matter too much anyway.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
In case you guys haven't noticed..the war's over and drivers lost. Driving dynamics don't sell cars any more nor does performance to a lesser degree. Image/ status, interior quality, economy(tax brackets) and perceived reliability is what shifts.

Last edited:

Derekm

RMS Regular
OP
Derekm
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
In case you guys haven't noticed..the war's over and drivers lost. Driving dynamics don't sell cars any more nor does performance to a lesser degree. Image/ status, interior quality, economy(tax brackets) and perceived reliability is what shifts.
Judging by the press reports on the first drives it looks like it is the very first A4 that Audi have built that seems to have reasonably decent driving dynamics due in part to the all new platform and it could be a resonable drivers car. Needs tested on uk roads though. If that is the case it is a big step forward for the A4 they have always been popular, practical, classy, well built and with arguably the best interiors etc but they have never been decent drivers cars. They are easy to drive yes and comfy but they have never offered great involvement etc. If this new one ticks that last box then it will be a very good car indeed.

mcma1

RMS Regular
Drives
A Bull
I really hope they exaggerate the style like the current rs6, it could look class....with the new AmG and M cars out they do have a shot at it.

Derekm

RMS Regular
OP
Derekm
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
RS4 is due next year which is much earlier in the model life than usual. Im sure it will be nice and rumoured to have @500bhp with big improvements in fuel consumption. Motor is supposed to be a V6 with one smaller electric turbo for boost at low revs and a larger regular turbo for boost at higher revs. They will also produce the RS4 in saloon format too this time, although I still think Audi's Avant models look way better that the saloons. Apparently big demand for Saloon RS4 in places like china!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.