2015 Mazda 6 SE-L Nav 2.2d

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Disappointing situation indeed, especially on a new car.

However, personally I'd be happy with a new bumper and the boot being rectified. The bumper is the bit you are going to see all the time, you'll never see the edge of the boot.

What about pushing for some sort of compensation too? Free services, some £?

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
Disappointing situation indeed, especially on a new car.

However, personally I'd be happy with a new bumper and the boot being rectified. The bumper is the bit you are going to see all the time, you'll never see the edge of the boot.

What about pushing for some sort of compensation too? Free services, some £?

Out of curiosity I priced up all the accessories that I'd perhaps use, £800. I think that would make me feel happier, not even that I want the extras but it seems to make things more fair. Not sure how I would bring that up without sounds like it's what I've been after all along.

If this had been spotted on day one I wouldn't have accepted the car and this would have been much simpler as they'd have had to order another car.

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
Got the car back late this evening, uniform gap across entire bootlid / bumper so I assume that confirms they fitted the bumper wrong. Didn't get speaking to the sales manager so I'll swing by before work tomorrow.

Thinking the best approach is subtly mention I want to avoid escalating to Mazda UK but I'm not happy with simply accepting a damaged and repaired car so it's up to him to find a way to make me happy, then leave it at that and tell him I'll call back on Monday morning.

I'd say they'll offer me a free service which I will most definitely refuse. Part of me thinks it's going to end up with me getting Mazda UK involved even though I reckon they should be thinking sub-1k of accessories is a bargain for them to make this go away.

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
Great result this morning. They are taking the bootlid and bumper off a brand new car and fitting them to mine, paint should match as they say it came in on the same delivery. My main concern was not having a factory finish so this way I'm happy.

Just to push a little I asked for them to fit the auto-folding mirrors to my car, I said I'll pay the part cost and they can cover the labour.

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
Well guess what.... still not sorted!

Unbelievably painful process with them simply stalling me. Finally gave up yesterday, I turned up at the service department to have a list of work done (including the boot and bumper swap) to find that they had no courtesy car and only 3 items out of the list of 8. They said call back this morning, I didn't.

Letter to Mazda UK drafted and attached to this, any feedback would be great. It is a bit long but think I need the detail.

Attachments

• stripped.docx
    19.7 KB · Views: 119

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Mazda UK are usually very good with customer service, had an issue a good few years back with my RX8, basically a comedy of errors on Mazdas part and a certain Mazda dealers over here. It's too long to get into but Mazda really impressed me and probably why I stuck with them for my next car.

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
Mazda UK are usually very good with customer service, had an issue a good few years back with my RX8, basically a comedy of errors on Mazdas part and a certain Mazda dealers over here. It's too long to get into but Mazda really impressed me and probably why I stuck with them for my next car.
what way did you contact them? I was planning to call them then send the letter recorded delivery

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
what way did you contact them? I was planning to call them then send the letter recorded delivery
Called them first in England, they start a "case" you get a number then just got letters later. I'd send a letter and email as well. This was about 8-9 years ago when I last dealt with them.

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
Dealer. Less than 6 hours after I contacted Mazda UK so I'm not sure they've even got involved. The sales manager emailed me this morning and I replied to tell him I'd be contacting Mazda UK on Friday, then this evening another email from him requesting permission to ask about a settlement figure on my finance agreement. I'd imagine the new car will be the demo one that sits in their showroom

Bryan

RMS Regular
That's a bit of a nightmare alright. I fitted my own towbar to my saloon and it hasn't caused any issues. I must have accidentally refitted the bumper "properly" :laughing:

They're a great car though - my Sport is just over a year old now and just passed 33k miles. I do find a bit of what I assume is turbo lag between the gears though. It doesn't seem to have the same get up and go that our old 140BHP Octavia had. Do you find yours is fast enough? They are a damn big car afterall.

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
I honestly don't think mines ever seen full throttle lol

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
I've had mine at 135 and it was still going lol.

My car came from Lindsay's, but I get every bit of work done by Shaws in Bangor. I gave up on Lindsay's after the car sat for around two months before I was able to pick it up.

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
Looks like everything is sorted. Getting a brand new car and a reasonable disfount on the cost of upgrading to the sport nav model :grinning: dont think mazda uk have even got involved yet

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
The main thing I wanted was the reversing camera but also my wife moans about the lack of heated seats as my 3 had them. Hopefully I dont hadda wait long for it

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.