4.0 Jeep Cherokee

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Picked this up from just outside London yesterday...

'The Heep'

Jeep Cherokee Limited
4.0 High Output
Auto
LSD
Electric everything
and most importantly... two big *** off axles front and rear (y)
oh and a 'power' button :p

Few very very minor issues but considering the price I paid for it I'm really chuffed. Ran the 400 odd miles door to door without a single problem (disregard the bonnet up pics, thats me being anal about checking everything every hour lol)

dsc00031gvr.jpg

dsc00032v.jpg

dsc00036usj.jpg

dsc00033pac.jpg

This POS gave us a laugh
dsc00037hog.jpg

dsc00043bvm.jpg

Also gave her a rip out of the M6 toll :innocent:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWYpUoh7DVc"]YouTube - Jeep Cherrokee 4ltr HO 0-80mph[/ame]

Not sure what the 0-60 time is but seems to be near enough 7 seconds :p

Going to take some more pics when I get it cleaned and the interior. Its like stepping straight into the 70's on the inside. Tweed, plastic wood, chrome swiches and everything.

düb

D
good bit of pull there mate, looks like great fun!

edit : google map directions i see there too lol? hope you didnt get lost!

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Mad in the head lad lol...

Interestng choice... Good wet day to test if she diff sur :p

Doovde

Banned
Drives
Nothing ford/VAG
good bit of pull there mate, looks like great fun!

edit : google map directions i see there too lol? hope you didnt get lost!

twice, mainly down to chatting to much and forgetting to look at what jucntions where were passing :p

I was surprised the condition the cheap was in for age and price paid, apart from the inside smelling like stables, its minty mcmint.

And DC, the diff works fine ;)

_ZS_

Drives
Mondeo, i30, MF1
Try 0-80 in a Defender. 80km/h maybe. :p

Good looking motor, should be some craic with a big set of mudders on it.

brendy

RMS Regular
Coog, what services did you use, did you use Holyhead eventually and how much fuel did you use? I did that trip a couple of weeks ago to pick up the X5 and managed to sip my way through 75quid including the leg back from dublin.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Aye finally got one... finding a high output limited with coth interior at the right price was a nightmare.

I used Stranraer to Belfast Brendy. Used about £80 ish worth of juice and we arrived at Stranraer at around 6pm ready for the 8pm boat.

Used cruise control where possible and kept her at 1800rpm or a needle width shy of 80mph the whole way, still only managed low 20's mpg lol

Hillbill - nah, auto's actually quite handy... the only thing you don't have is downhill engine braking, but then that's what the brakes are for. Very handy for really low speed stuff and you don't have to worry about clutches/engine stalling and all that guff... there was a few times in the frontera when we were tackling big ascents and the engine was running out of puff in second, 9/10 times we end up having to flat shift into first and end up wheel spinning and making a right balls of it :p

Heres some pics I took this afternoon. BTW Curt, youll be glad to hear that the smell of horses bottoms seems to have gone after I shampoo'd the seats... not sure who/what was using them.

The rims used to look like this

DSCF0009.JPG

But now look like this :worried:
DSCF0011.JPG

DSCF0010.JPG

DSCF0012.JPG

Some cool chrome buttons :p

DSCF0013.JPG

Got that seat cleaned...
DSCF0014.JPG

The rears came up well too...
DSCF0015.JPG

DSCF0016.JPG

DSCF0017.JPG

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Tyres first, let my other good ones go with the Frontera :worried: After that it depends on how things pan out with work... will mostly involve raising it, increasing articulation and getting some more grunt from that big lazy AMC engine.

Dee

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra GSI/Corol
drove one of these in work a while back!some rumble from them,im sure youl enjoy it lad!

Doovde

Banned
Drives
Nothing ford/VAG
Good to hear the farmyard smell is gone,

Interiour came up amazingly well, passanger seat looked like someone had spilt about 2 ltr's of black coffee on it, i didnt look to closley into what it was exctally as i didnt want to sit in the back for the whole trip, its to much of a balls to get through the ridicusly small rear doors for that carry on :p

Shame about the rims, but nothing a few tins of halfords finest cant sort out, not that they'll be staying for long i wouldn't hope ;)

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
why are you cleaning it are you not going to offroad in it

l_wire

RMS Regular
Drives
Bora TDI PD 100
I absoloutly love these trucks! looks a really clean example Coog. A guy I know in the US has one but he put the new 5.7 litre HEMI out of an 05 Grand Cherokee into it. Now thats a cool car.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
why are you cleaning it are you not going to offroad in it

No its going to the next trackskills meet lol

It's also going to tow the caravan, the wife will be in it then and she wouldn't step a toe into anything that smelt like a stables lol

It also has to pass her approval - dirty = sh*t heap, clean = bargain. Thats the way women work unfortunately :sob:

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
I absoloutly love these trucks! looks a really clean example Coog. A guy I know in the US has one but he put the new 5.7 litre HEMI out of an 05 Grand Cherokee into it. Now thats a cool car.

Now that is an engine. I think you could have got a Cherokee with that engine in it in the states too, never over here though :worried:

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Very nice, too good to wreck! Phil had a good run today in the Frontera, I've a couple of photos in the other thread.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Seen them there. Good to see the Frontera back in the mud again, great machine that.

No such thing as too good to wreck! Roll on 09/10 season!!

saxo_man

RMS Regular
The last time I made the mistake of taking the civic up to spectate lol This time we took my Dad's van. It's amazing where the 4x4s can actually go, and even more surprising at how far they will lean/tilt and not topple over. I'll be sure to go and spectate once you get the Jeep out at the next season.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Cracking! Interior looks so comfortable!

Health to offroad!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.