98 Integra Type R

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Your dads car collection sounds awesome. Does he still have the M5?

bob

RMS Regular
OP
bob
Every type R needs atleast breather mods. Other than that looks a cracker.

Up until recently I'd have definitely agreed but have to say I'm loving this standard and with no boomy exhaust or drone, old age must have kicked in y0 :oops:. On the plus I've a spoon exhaust on my EK4 rally car for when ever I'm looking to make a bit of racket!

They've already started. You could pick up an R32/R33 GTR for 8k now try finding one that's not a dose for under 14/15k and you're doing well... and some mad dealers looking 18k plus for standardish cars (25k if you're Newera Imports lol)

The thing is, the way the 90s Jap stuff drives is just so much better in every way than anything new. All this new Automatic/DSG nonsense is impressive in terms of stats, 0-60 etc is quicker than most stuff, yes, but all you're really doing it holding on... They are devoid of any 'feel' and anyone who has driven both sides of the spectrum will agree!

Anyway enough rambling. That DC2 is stunning and won't lose a penny! Best colour combo and best spec... I would hold on to that one for a while! Very few cars will give you better driving pleasure at that price!

I know too well, I sold my GTR when they were around 10k mark! But it didn't go too far, think my fathers done less than 1000miles in it over 5/6years. As regards all the new stuff, yeah no doubt it's all getting quicker and it all looks to be heading auto/turbo/hybrid. I think in year's to come we'll miss the driver involvement of the older stuff.

A-Ron eg6

RMS Regular
Drives
Eg civic
Looks nice example that, sold my yellow one last year and wish I never had, putting the fd2 up for sale here to buy another one lol

bob

RMS Regular
OP
bob
Not much to update here, have the car 2 years this month and with our lovely NI weather it's spent most of it in the garage. My Civic has taken priority this last year or so with a rebuild and respray but next month should see that finished just in time to tax the DC2 and bring it out.

The Integra turns 20 years old this year and the standard exhaust has sounded better, I suspect a baffle must be away as it's sounding a bit "tinny". I wanted to replace it with something not too loud or brash and after reading lots of reviews and listening to Youtube muffler videos I ended up ordering a Fujitsubo RM01a system through TorqueGT. It's one of the quieter systems available with a not too in your face tailpiece, a good bit lighter than standard too.

1503155527_195351e3d7_o.jpg

Exhaust will be here on Tuesday so along with a full service, timing belt, transmission oil change that should be it for this year. Also have a Spoon ECU I planned to sell but have since fitted so looking forward to getting the car out for a drive with the new exhaust and ECU.

bob

RMS Regular
OP
bob
Any vids of exhaust Bob?

Here's one on an EK9 but it shouldn't sound too different. From everything I've read they're one of the quieter systems along with the Mugen twinloop. Hopefully not too drony as there's not much sound proofing in the Type R's to start with!

Reactions: Gaz

Lee

RMS Regular
Car looks brilliant. Have been in a few DC2s and totally agree they are basically a road legal reliable racing car. I have had an RM01A on a DC2 engine with maxim works manifold and sard decat. You won't be disappointed - fairly quiet but sound better than anything else on vtec.

2018-03-28 21.53.08.jpg

20150404_155102_zpsoumoou5q.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.