Access to CAP or Glass’s

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 M Sport
Does anyone have access to Glass’s or CAP and could get a valuation? I posted a few weeks ago about my sister being hit by a van from behind 6 weeks ago whilst stationary at a red light. The car was written off. Would you believe it she was at a junction in Belfast leaving her work about to give way when a car swerved to miss another car, across a bus lane and crashed into her, spun her car up a kerb and around a sign pole. Car is written off. A new to her Corolla Hybrid. Now we are back to having to argue about the valuation of her car so if anyone could get me a valuation it would be great so we know what to expect.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Best thing to do is look for like for like replacement and use that as a battering stick to up the insurance offer. As for a valuation of the actual car, you can use the Autotrader site and go through as if you are selling the car, they will give you a suggested market value, which I have found in the past usually isn't far away.

Bit unique also as you have just bought the car, so I would expect the insurance offer to be very close to the sale price, you should be able to provide a bill of sale as proof of cost.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Autotrader give free valuations, both for selling and buying. I imagine they use the same databases as Glass, etc.

Arguing car values with insurance right now in this volatile market must be fun... Don't envy you or your sister.

And she must be the unluckiest person! Hope she is well, sounds nasty.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Don’t hold your breath.my daughter got rear ended by a local bin lorry almost 3 years past and it’s still trying to get her pay out sorted .going to court but the courts are not doing this type of case atm .

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
OP
Jrooney06
Drives
F30 M Sport
Best thing to do is look for like for like replacement and use that as a battering stick to up the insurance offer. As for a valuation of the actual car, you can use the Autotrader site and go through as if you are selling the car, they will give you a suggested market value, which I have found in the past usually isn't far away.

Bit unique also as you have just bought the car, so I would expect the insurance offer to be very close to the sale price, you should be able to provide a bill of sale as proof of cost.
Only getting back to this now but would you believe they have us £1500 more than we paid for it.

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
OP
Jrooney06
Drives
F30 M Sport
Autotrader give free valuations, both for selling and buying. I imagine they use the same databases as Glass, etc.

Arguing car values with insurance right now in this volatile market must be fun... Don't envy you or your sister.

And she must be the unluckiest person! Hope she is well, sounds nasty.
She is fine now. Battered and bruised just. Got the money back from the insurance thankfully they offered us more than we paid. It seems as though autotrader doesn’t fly if there is more than one person involved as in this case they have to justify the payout to the other persons insurance so use glass’s or cap and they both seem to lag relative to autotrader.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
Bump. Someone just reversed into the side of me as I was driving. Insurance have deemed it a write off, but have valued it about £1200 less than what the exact same car, years and miles is on autotrader etc.

The last time I had any insurance dealings I was given what it would cost me to replace like for like in the market at that time. That had no one else involved though so perhaps that's different?

RevT

RMS Regular
Yep, just show them adverts of equivalent cars for sale like for like and they’ll re-assess and make a new offer usually.