Aircooled Drag Day III Bishopscourt Aug 8th 9th

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

56oval

RMS Regular
As per title folks, yup, were heading back to Bishopscourt, albeit a little earlier this year due to the August bank holiday screwing with the whole show calendar.

This year its a new format, 2 DAYS!!!!

Yep, you read that right, 2 days of action both Saturday and Sunday 8/9th August.

Jam packed field already. From bone stockers to tube chassis cars with monster turbo engines.

Saturday sees a full days qualifying session, no show n shine.

Sunday sees finals run first thing in the morning then RWYB / grudge match racing for the rest of the day.

Show n shine is a totally laid back affair, so laid back i have no input into it :p

Its a vag affair, earlier the better, but cars of interest are welcome to come on down.

Show n shine is £10 per car inc driver, Adult admission £10 per day. 12-16 yrs £5 under 12 free admission.

This really is as laid back as drag events get, great atmosphere lots of action, and packed with good guys just wanting to go as quick as possible. Without question ( in my totally biased opinion ) the most friendly and best drag event on the calendar.

Entry list looks something like this.

Drag day 3
this is the paid up entry list as of 30th June 2015

Ben Lawrence -Beetle
Dave Wheatley-Beetle
Padraig Kelleher - Ghia
Britt Grannis - Beetle
Christine McKinney - Beetle
Marc Mc Daid - Splitty
Robert Dunlop - Splitty
Herbie Graham - Beetle
Colin Taylor - Beetle
Neil Wilkinson - Beetle
Marcus Charles - Beetle
John Knightly - Baja
John Kelly - Beetle
Michael Eccles - Beetle
Edward Toolan - T25
Colin Doris - Beetle
Liam Neale - Beetle
Brian Wilkinson - Beetle
Thomas White - Beetle
Stephen Hall - Beetle
Simon Patterson - Beetle
Michael Wheatley - Bay
Greg McDaid - Ghia
Yip Van Wenkel - Bay
Jimmy Rice - Beetle
Terry Donnelly - Buggy
Conor Farrell - Bay
Kevin O'Brien -Beetle
Colm Burke -Beetle
Deklon Carson -Beetle
Culmore Dub Club -1302s
stewart horner - Beetle
David Clarke - Golf
Mark Mc Corry - Corrado
Chris Wray - Golf
Kyle Lawson -Golf
Padraic Bolger - Beetle
Eamon Mc Evoy - Beetle
Brian Raftery - Bay
Matt Donnelly - Ghia
Pat Best - Splitty
Tomo Pattison - Golf
Nicholas Allan - Polo
Trevor Brady - Jetta
James 'Jimbo' Twaite - Bay
Pete Carr - Beetle
Louis Gray - Camero.

DD3%20FLYER_Layout%201_zpsrwcqjr4m.jpg

Cheers
Ben.

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
Hey Ben, are motorbikes allowed to run?

Hey Mike, currently we haven't taken any entries for bikes, however we may have a few spaces, we would love to see some interesting machines, I'm currently trying to get my friend to bring his supercharged BSA drag bike over.

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
Things are building up nicely in the background.

@GT86_Dave has sponsored the quickest newcomer trophies ( thank you again )

We also have a "quickest female" award this year, which is quite special, Sol Lavaud from France has sponsored this trophy, she runs the Lady Marmalade race car and in vw circles is the quickest female in a doorslammer europe, she has made a special trophy with certificate, which is the no 3 spark plug encased in resin and engraved from her 9.47 pass at Hockenheim last year.

20504_10152902899001644_8339721890585215695_n_zpser9o0zyn.jpg

Meanwhile @Neil@rockvale has been super busy sign writing race cars.

10996764_10153508476116926_7244440885325853059_n_zpsekjcyxss.jpg

and John Kelly is desperately trying to get the Bugeyed cars 2.8litre turbocharged monster up and running.

10407620_703703859735820_2118775061593550431_n_zpslhukffwy.jpg

11694817_703703966402476_3252555017850784624_n_zps8uh3kxdj.jpg

And just yesterday Dave Clarke drove his mk2 with turbocharged r32 power off the rollers having made 611bhp. Yikes we are in trouble!!!!!!

Last edited:

Dave..

RMS Regular
@56oval
Cheers Ben.
Thats a monster motor in the pic above :grinning:.
I told Christine that if we get hooked we would have to buid a dragster so we can win one of our trophies back.......

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
And for the bike guys we've just had a few very old drag bikes book in.

Alistair Henry on a Weslake 850
Robert Mccrum on the Norton Weslake 950cc.

11760317_10153418258851211_1048488584163562306_n_zpstkdfkpz2.jpg
[/IMG]

jayme

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini/ A7
Shaping up to be an awesome weekend, id have been up for this if i wasn't heading to cork for the weekend, enjoyed the gtini 1 so much. Highly recommend to anyone wanting to try it.

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
My favourite award and the one im most proud to hand over is the " Spirit of the show " award. Every year the best guys in the business " Bernard Newbury interiors " sponsor this award, its a big deal for us to give their award to someone.
Its not about how quick you go, or how deep your pockets are, this award epitomises what we are all about, the unsung heroes, the ones that put themselves out there, they are what make aircooled drag racing special ( to me ) and they need recognition.

Today i got sent these pictures from the workshop. Theyve stepped it up a notch from their awesome trophies.

Black leather ( not stretchy plastic ) embroidered custom height adjustable workshop stool.

Well i think its bloody fantastic

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

RickyMcG

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much !
I might swing down on the bike, just finished my engine swap she, has grown from a humble 750 to a 920 rumble :grinning: air cooled v-twin awesomeness and oddly enough runs the same size inlet valves as a type four 2lt van engine.

Hopefully I get down although I'm sprint on one of the dates just need to make my mind up which lol

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
Here is a brief programme of events for the weekend including full entry list, track prep tomorrow, busy week ahead :grinning:

DRAGDAYPROGRAMME_Layout 1cov.jpg
DRAGDAYPROGRAMME_Layout 1schedule.jpg
DRAGDAYPROGRAMME_Layout 1acentry.jpg
DRAGDAYPROGRAMME_Layout 1watercooled.jpg

Last edited:

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
All adding to the drama, John managed to sheer the flywheel off the crank last week, a new one landed and it is all now back together, hopefully this will be the last time he has to slot this monster back in the car before Saturday.

11781828_714042592035280_2335987765362158135_n_zpsf4wacozu.jpg

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
£10 for adults per day.
12-16 yrs £5 per day
Under 12's go free.

Am I a mong and that was always in the OP? lol

Is the show and shine a broad spectrum of cars (like CCL would attract) or does it tend to be mostly from one category?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.