Airline compression olive ASAP

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
MOT Monday 8am , had a check over this afternoon and decided to service the compressor as there was an occasional fault…turns out compressor was fine and the olive on the line to it was crushed and weeping at full load. Mercedes airmatic but same compressor on Audis and rangeys etc so would imagine the line in to the compressor would be the same.

Firstly anyone any idea on size - rough measure of 4 bits i have seem to be 4mm ID, about 8mm height when it was one piece.

Secondly, anyone have one or know where to get one before Monday morning? Kinda stuck 😬🤦‍♂️
Glengormley based

Attachments

• IMG_0425.jpeg
    IMG_0425.jpeg
    273.2 KB · Views: 0

gingfto

RMS Regular
OP
gingfto
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
temp repair with some plumbers ptfe tape ??
Not the worst idea, just not sure how well it would hold under the pressure, maybe overthinking.
Current plan is possible pull one from an MTB brake which will be 5mm and a strip of electrical tape to add the 1mm 🤷‍♂️

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I’m just outside Ballynahinch and may have some in the workshop. I’ll check in the morning and let you know, if it’s not too far out of your way.

gingfto

RMS Regular
OP
gingfto
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
@Nicky
Gentleman, maybe a bit out of the way! Merc is my only transport and maybe too far to get a lift, but never know, if you turn some up might sort something still

variant

RMS Regular
Drives
T5, Up Gti
plenty of mountain bike stuff here in doagh

MTB brake lines are 5mm though so maybe too big?

PXL_20240127_220901393.jpg

plenty of mountain bike stuff here in doagh

MTB brake lines are 5mm though so maybe too big?

PXL_20240127_220901393.jpg
have you a set of calipers to measure the hose, can't see it being 4mm

gingfto

RMS Regular
OP
gingfto
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
@variant
Had literally typed all the stuff out on the bike thread in a similar hope! Checked the alerts before posting and checked this 😂 legend
I have that whole kit of Goodridge crap but no compression olives, could nearly cry.

It’s def 4mm airline, thanks Mercedes…had the exact same thought - cut a slot and a wrap of tape maybe.

Could see about grabbing one from doagh 👌🏼

IMG_0428.jpeg

variant

RMS Regular
Drives
T5, Up Gti
@variant
Had literally typed all the stuff out on the bike thread in a similar hope! Checked the alerts before posting and checked this 😂 legend
I have that whole kit of Goodridge crap but no compression olives, could nearly cry.

It’s def 4mm airline, thanks Mercedes…had the exact same thought - cut a slot and a wrap of tape maybe.

Could see about grabbing one from doagh 👌🏼

View attachment 423488
yeah I'll pm you a mobile number

gingfto

RMS Regular
OP
gingfto
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
Update*
@variant to the rescue! Absolute legend!

5mm mtb olive cut and filed so it closed round a 4mm drill bit snugly, fitted and built back up, full cycles of the suspension and couple of drives - all good and original fault sorted too!

IMG_0431.jpeg

IMG_0433.jpeg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Had no idea what an olive was when I saw the thread or I would have offered to print you one out if that's all it was. Glad you're sorted anyway!

gingfto

RMS Regular
OP
gingfto
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
@Coog
Just took it for granted it was more common as I’d been around them with MTB brakes for years lol!
Plastic might even have worked seeing as it’s more retainer for the pipe. Thanks for the thought though!
All that over a 30p fancy washer